Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Blow drying dreads?

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Will blow drying my hair after washing slow down the dreading process? If so, why? I surely use a blower after to fully dry if it's late or to blow off flakes of dandruff.
updated by @joey5: 01/13/15 09:31:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not sure probly not but u want to avoid heat damage so only do quick short bursts and not hold it it on 1 spot long also low heats better and using a diffuser is best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I use it once in a while. Like Eagle said, just use it in short bursts and move it around a lot. Some blow driers even have a little button to push for cool air. That's better. The wind will still dry your hair, but it won't cause heat damage.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

After blow drying, if you have a cool shot button, use that because heat changes the bonds in the hair slightly. Also, heat does cause damage is used often, that is why there are heat protection sprays available to help prevent that.

Also, you can pick up a sock diffuser at Sally Beauty Supply, if there is one near you (don't know any other places that sell them) and the socks fit pretty much all hand held dryers. This will diffuse the air coming out of the dryer so you get more heat and less blast.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form