Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is it ok to get my hair wet every day if i want natural dreadlocks?

ethan blackburn
@ethan-blackburn
12 years ago
15 posts

i can't wait man :) what about drying it? sorry about all the questions haha. i usually use a towel but i don't rub my hair with it i just try to soak up as much water as i can then i'll use a blow dryer for a minute or two then let it air dry the rest of the way.

soaring eagle said:

nah well its barely at the recomended for natural dreads so it should dread just lil slower then if it was lil longer but in 2 months it wi be 7 inches and acceleratung with every inch

updated by @ethan-blackburn: 07/13/15 12:08:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

best way shake it out (like a dog_) then go sit in the sun (if warm out) if u must blow dry do it in quick sahort bursts while moving around quickly sitting in front of a fan helps too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ethan blackburn
@ethan-blackburn
12 years ago
15 posts

alright thank you so much you've been a lot of help. :)

soaring eagle said:

best way shake it out (like a dog_) then go sit in the sun (if warm out) if u must blow dry do it in quick sahort bursts while moving around quickly sitting in front of a fan helps too

Dee4
@dee4
12 years ago
14 posts
My dreads are a little over 3 months old. Are still in a premature state but, looking very good. I wash them every two days some times everyday depending on how much I sweat or just run some water thru them in the shower. Do not think that putting water in them has much to do with them progressing or not. I wrap them in a tee shirt after a shower so the tee can soak up excess water. Then I just leave them alone to dry on their own. Try some hair wraps they will speed up the process. Also if you wet them to much you are pulling out oils that are needed for them to dread.
ethan blackburn
@ethan-blackburn
12 years ago
15 posts

i've tried the air dry and it makes my hair feel really greasy when it drys is there any way to prevent that or am i doing something wrong?

soaring eagle said:

Dee4
@dee4
12 years ago
14 posts

My locks are at a very early stage and locking pretty well the first two month I would just wash when needed. Now I wet them almost every day to get sweat out of my scalp. I wet them with plain water everyday and wash with acv and sea salt one day then another day I will do the bs with lemon juice in it. I do not see an issue with you getting your hair wet often just do it under low pressure in the shower high pressure will just slip the knots out of your hair. For now just let it be wild and free :) wait for them to establish a bit before you wet them every day.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form