Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Henna and baby dreads

kezz
@kezz
12 years ago
28 posts

Hi, Started my dread journey about 9 weeks ago. I backcombed and then have just separated and washed with BS followed with ACV rinse. My hair has been chemically dyed for years but I dont want to do this anymore and would like to start using henna to darken my hair to get it nearer its natural colour.

Does anyone haveany experience of dying baby dreads with Henna. I thought if i tried dying them through a stocking it would stop the henna getting stuck. Also, would it be too conditioning?

Any advice would be great! xx

updated by @kezz: 01/13/15 09:31:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u use bs/acv the color wont last as long axctyualy that should slowly get it back to your natural color

henna might be lil conditioning for only 9 weeks i dont have any experience with it myself but from what i hear might be

the stocking ideas intriguing and would bve cool to see how it works would u do 1 dread ata time in the stocking/

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kezz
@kezz
12 years ago
28 posts

Hi SE, My hair is lighter than its natural colour at the moment. I was thinking of putting a stocking over sections and one over my scalp. Not sure if it would work but I don't know if henna would cause damage if it got trapped in dreads? Would it cause rot?

Not being able to use BS/ACV would be a pain wouldnt it?

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I have never used henna but there are many on here who have. I would suggest seeking out on this group for those who have had experience: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/dyeddreadheads#.UA3XXKCwUzQ

I think that, if your dreads are fairly new then they will also be fairly loose and won't cause much issue with henna getting stuck inside of them. I'm not sure if henna is a product that stops processing after a certain amount of time or not either.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form