dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Super frizzeeezzz and fallen out hairs and newbie

BlueberryMomma
@blueberrymomma
12 years ago
8 posts

Hello! Love this site!

so i started dreading a month ago, my hair is very long and very fine and it just tangle up into one big knot! with an almost 6 yr old and a baby i keep my hair up a lot so it's just wasn't dreading. so i decided to start twist and rip, very gently to get them started. i still have the back of my head to go, i just can't see it very well and find the time! anyway, when i get out of the shower especially, my dreads are super frizzy, my head just looks like a giant puff ball. i know they are new so i don't want them to look perfect but when i go out i just want to tame them a little. everyone says aloe, is this ok for brand new dreads as well. also, any suggestions on good smelling oils for my itchy scalp (was never itchy before dreads;) and lastly, when i look closely at my roots that are loosening, i can see hairs that have fallen out but are obviously part of the dread, is that normal? i know it's normal to loose hair, especially after having a baby, it just looks weird that i can see a few tiny roots poking out. has this happened to anyone?

Thanks so much for any help! will post some pics soon!

peace love and laughter

updated by @blueberrymomma: 01/13/15 09:31:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

aloes conditioning it will tame frizz but slow progress its better to use sea salt that wikl help em tighten instead and just accelt the frizz

yea the folicules can show its more common with backcombing to have hundreds on ec=very dread with tnr u may havge oulled a few out of yoiur head some are shed too and if u recently gave birth u might be shedding hairs even more during pregenancy and after your hormones go crazy so u go through a hair growth period then a hair thinning period then stabalize so u might see a bunch of roots h=there for a month or 2

nothing to worry about tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

my hair is super fuzzy too but from what ive seen it eventually tames itself. your tnr will fall out. about 75% of mine fell out but that is a good thing. then you get to experience the joy of watching your hair dread itself a little more each day. i did notice that the tnr did help my roots lock up which helped dreads form when they fell out. now i have a mix of tnr and natural dreads which i like. i almost feel like my hair wouldnt be nearly as fuzzy if i hadnt tnr'd my hair and just let it go naturally. my hair is so messy but i feel empowered and more self confident. so hopefully you enjoy your journey too. what are you washing with? i made a wash/rinse that made my hair feel amazing last week.

BS Rinse

1/2 cup Baking soda

5 cups chamomile lavender tea (3 bags) + 1 pepppermint tea bag

Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse

2 tblsp ACV

5 cups tea same as above

2 drops eucalyptus oil, patchouli, lemongrass, cypress, rosewood, sandalwood (or varying amounts depending on what you want to smell like. i also prefer to use peppermint as well when i have it)

i make my mixes and put them in 2 bud light 40oz bottles lol.

BlueberryMomma
@blueberrymomma
12 years ago
8 posts

awesome, thanks both of you for the tips! im going to get some oils tomorrow and make a wash/rinse. do you use the bs first as a wash then rinse with the ACV, how long to leave on for both and do you just pour all over your head or spray, what's the best way? thanks. also, went in the ocean today, got some kelp in my hair, but it felt great and totally felt the dreads were tighter and my head wasn't as itchy! thought my hair would feel crazy and sticky, but it's clean and smells great! gotta love that natural sea water...but i did get stung by a jelly fish! bummer lol

peace and love

KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

lucky you i wish we were close to a beach! i let the bs rinse sit for 2-5 minutes. rinse tht out really good and then do the acv rince and let it sit for 1 minute approx. i was reading on here that you shouldnt let the acv sit on newer dreads for too long. rinse that out really good too and then you should be left smelling nice and earthy and clean. since i do it every 3 days its something nice and pampering to look forward to. you can add sea salt or aquarium salt to the bs rinse to help your hair, but make sure you rinse as ive noticed it makes the head itch if you dont.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Rosemary is very good for itchy scalp and dandruff reduction. I use that with tea tree and lavender in my Dr. Bronner's shampoo. It smells great and my scalp has never been happier. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form