Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Dread Question

Daniel Willert
@daniel-willert
12 years ago
1 posts

Hi, this is my first time dreading my hair. about 3 nights ago I started making my first dreads. I made 3 right before I went to bed. The next day I made the entire front of my head and today I had help from someone doing the back. This was all done with the twist and rip method and no "products" have been or will be used. The dreads I made on the front of my head are nice and tight and I like the way they are. The ones in the back( the big ones the small/medium size ones are tight not as tight as the front but I have no worries there) are looser and if I try to tighten them I make them puffy. I am worried about any of my dreads loosing or falling out because my hair gets knots in it really really easy and forms little dreads all the time before when i was growing it. My dreads have only gotten tighter and the distance from the tip and scalp that isn't dread has gotten smaller (not very much but it is very noticeable in the oldest three). I am just conecerened with the poofyness of the back ones. Also should I not bother trying to tighten them? I keep telling myself not to worry they will tighten and it will be fine but I am not sure if that is gonna be the case.

updated by @daniel-willert: 01/13/15 09:29:56PM
Charles Augenti
@charles-augenti
12 years ago
8 posts

i would just leave them be and dont try to tighten them. dreads are great when you just let them sit. they will look like garbage for a while. they take time to naturally form. they should be messy and poofy and crazy in the begining. sleeping on them and just every day wear of them will make the hairs come together in time. just have patience:)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form