Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Combining Locs

Kevin4
@kevin4
12 years ago
25 posts

So I am at almost 3 months and taking advice from here have pretty much left everything completely alone. The only question I have is, is there a way besides just leaving them alone to get your locs to join together. From what I was told they would loosen up, which they have done, but quite a few are a lot thinner than I'd like.

So any advice would be appreciated.

updated by @kevin4: 01/13/15 09:29:49PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You should be separating the sections so they don't congo together into 1 big lock. Just separate less often and space it out. Allow whatever sections you want to get thicker to congo together

Kevin4
@kevin4
12 years ago
25 posts

I hardly ever separate them, most of them just stay separate. A few have congo'd and I just left em or make sure its only 2 small ones doing it so they would continue to do so.

My question was is there anything I can do besides just leaving them be to encourage more of the thinner ones to congo?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You could toss a bead over 2 locks, or wrap 2 of them together

Kevin4
@kevin4
12 years ago
25 posts

Wouldnt that restrict movement and prevent them from forming?

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

A bead placed at the middle of 2 together won't really restrict the movement and neither will a small wrap.

Kevin4
@kevin4
12 years ago
25 posts

I was thinking more about the wrap but I get it now. Alright I'll try that.

Kevin4
@kevin4
12 years ago
25 posts

Also whats a good way to get a bead to stay in place?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Just find one with a small enough hole to be snug, but not so tight as to restrict it from moving around a little bit. Just tight enough that it won't fall off from it's own weight.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I hope I'm not the only one who gets giddy over finding beads in random places around the house, as if I discovered some marvelous treasure. :P My son keeps the ones that he finds in his pouch.

Fallen beads are pretty common in the initial months if there isn't a loop to hold 'em back.... and sometimes, even if there is, they will decide to disembark and go on their own adventures.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form