Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To Bang Or Not To Bang... That is the Question.

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I kept my bangs the first few months of dreading, but then grew tired of combing them every day--they are determined to dread! I figure if I want bangs later on again I can comb them out. May do that when I get married to soften around my face. Who knows, I like both styles. :)
updated by @kelsey-cliche: 07/10/15 12:14:20AM
Shade Of Ashes
@shade-of-ashes
12 years ago
78 posts

Thank you ALL so much for the inputs! 'all are just totally amazing. I love how friendly and personal and detailed y'all are. I followed the advice and I decided to keep some bangs (and undid a couple of dreads around my hairline) to keep it "soft looking" and a bit more feminine (for me), and if the hair wants to dread its own, then I suppose it will. :) I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them for opinions and such because I value what everyone has to say. <3

Shade Of Ashes
@shade-of-ashes
12 years ago
78 posts

Okay my friends, photos submitted for opinions! Bangs or no bangs?

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I honestly think it would look good either way. You have an oval face and can rock both. You already have longer fringe so what would it hurt to make it shorter? You can always grow it back out if you get bored.

Jackie
@jackie
12 years ago
78 posts

I liked the pic without better, but you look awesome either way! I am not a huge fan of bangs and how they make dreads seem to start so far back from the forehead, but obviously this is a personal opinion and I'm not a "bang-basher." I prefer a full head, but I think the soft, side-swept bangs you had in the 2nd pic were adorable too! Either way mama you're dreads look sweet!

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

Anyone here with curly hairs! I chose to leave my well grown out bangs from dreading up to start. But as time has gone on I'm getting a bit stuck! As no 1 they wanna dread and 2 i can't combe my hair or it will be a massive frizz and then i'd have to straighten it, well too labor intensive i think. Has anyone here had any experience with curly bangs or any ideas, i mean as it stands just now I'm willing to just let it do its thing. I have quite small facial features so was worried i might look swamped with a full dread head! Not that thats a bad thing haha.

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

I like the bangs.

I just undid a few last night.... now I don't know what to do with that hair that I undreaded!! It's very long, and I didn't have bangs before I started, so now it's a mess..... I'm afraid to cut it. :(

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

Wow I see from your pics your hair is super long! Your dreads are looking flipping awesome by the way and they're less than a month right!! Wowwee :)

I know what you mean about not knowing what to do with it. I mean with my bangs they stop just at my chin length. So there is a definite difference from the rest of my hair length? Maybe that might be a suggestion so if nothing to rad to start with then you can always go shorter if you like?. I like the softness having a little bit of loose hair at the front gives.

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Thanks Christina, that's a good idea, not too short so I can still pull them back if I want to.

They'll be 3 weeks old tomorrow! I go to the beach a lot so I think the salt water has really helped.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form