Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sleeping with dreads

Luke Kwiatkowski
@luke-kwiatkowski
12 years ago
14 posts

Hi everyone. I'm still new here but my dreads are coming along nicely. I stopped with thecrochet hook and everything. One thing I have a question about is sleeping. My hair is very very big right now although it is not super long. When I sleep I have been wearing a tam but this is starting to get uncomfortable due the the size of my hair and the way it bunches up in the tam. Do people usually wear anything on their head while sleeping or use certain material for pillow cases or anything? Thanks!

Luke

updated by @luke-kwiatkowski: 01/13/15 09:28:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nope

when here i just toss em over the side or top of the bed

when campng i just arrange em unfder my head to use my dreads as a pillow

it can take a lil adjusting to get em comfu y but they make a great pillow for 4-5 people

every so often ill wear a tam if i forget to take it off but just like the dreads its simple to just flip it up so the dreads and tam are above my head not under it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I don't do anything because the movement of my hair while I sleep promotes locking. I've heard of people using wool pillowcases or stuffing their pillow into a wool sweater but I can't really vouch for that speeding up progress or not.

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

I've never been able to keep something on my head when I sleep so I never bothered to try since starting the dread journey. They've been free since day one and I haven't run into any problems with comfort yet.

I do need to try sleeping more on the right side though since my left has definitely shrunk more.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

My right is the typical side that I sleep on and I had to trick myself into sleeping on the left... oh what a difference it made in 1 week!!

Tied up in knots said:

I've never been able to keep something on my head when I sleep so I never bothered to try since starting the dread journey. They've been free since day one and I haven't run into any problems with comfort yet.

I do need to try sleeping more on the right side though since my left has definitely shrunk more.

Luke Kwiatkowski
@luke-kwiatkowski
12 years ago
14 posts

thanks all! I slept tam free and it was way more comfortable!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form