Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

why not retwist?

jacob Macdowell
@jacob-macdowell
12 years ago
6 posts

i TnR'd about 2 and a half months ago, and almost all of my sections fell apart. i was told that i shouldnt redo them because it destroys progress, but i have none. all of the areas i'd be redoing are completely unknotted. so what progress would be destroyed?

updated by @jacob-macdowell: 01/13/15 09:28:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

backwards progress is progress what would you accomplish> you tnr again and in 2 mnths they fall apart you tnr they fall apart.. just leave em alone and they will dread

lets see em i bet ya thety arent as unraveled as u think

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jacob Macdowell
@jacob-macdowell
12 years ago
6 posts

SE,i figure when i first did them i was not careful enough, and therefore they fell apart. this time around i wouldalso usestuff tohelp them lock, salt water for example.and looking back i dont think itwisted as randomlyas you should. most of the time i was doingnearly equal amounts of hair ineach hand.

soaring eagle said:

backwards progress is progress what would you accomplish> you tnr again and in 2 mnths they fall apart you tnr they fall apart.. just leave em alone and they will dread

lets see em i bet ya thety arent as unraveled as u think

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm well lets see a picture

--
jacob Macdowell
@jacob-macdowell
12 years ago
6 posts

welli hope that worked. let me know if it isnt displaying properly.

soaring eagle said:

hmm well lets see a picture

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dude u got plenty of progress

you dont see those sections? them srartijng to dread? if u tnr u will reset that to day 1 just kep going your doing fine

if you had no sectioning at all and it was perfectly like you just combed it then mayn=be it would be woryh trying but u got pretty much average progres for within 3 months wich many backcombed ir tnred dreads end up exactky where your at

if u weant to add sea salt to the bs well that might help but i think u would undo alot of progress if u start over

--
jacob Macdowell
@jacob-macdowell
12 years ago
6 posts

well ok. but for the most part my hair looked like this even before i wanted dreads.soi guessthats why i dont see progress. i never really used tocomb myhair though lol.

soaring eagle said:

dude u got plenty of progress

you dont see those sections? them srartijng to dread? if u tnr u will reset that to day 1 just kep going your doing fine

if you had no sectioning at all and it was perfectly like you just combed it then mayn=be it would be woryh trying but u got pretty much average progres for within 3 months wich many backcombed ir tnred dreads end up exactky where your at

if u weant to add sea salt to the bs well that might help but i think u would undo alot of progress if u start over

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Like Eagle said... If you TnR again, it'll be like it was on the first day, and then in 2 months they will fall apart again. So if you leave them be, you've got 2 months of progress under your belt.

Sea salt will help a bit. Beads will help too.

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
Leave them be! Almost all of my t&r fell out, but then they resectioned. I am 6 months in, and while they aren't formed yet, I can tell what are going to be individual dreads. I'm happy they resectioned because now they are a lot more comfortable.
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Any progress. They fall apart and then dread on their own. If you wanted to redo it everytime they came loose, they'd never dread, because they almost always come loose first, it's just the way it is. And that seems counter-productive, but it isn't, it's just part of the process.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form