Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oddly progressing locks.

Lucid Madman
@lucid-madman
12 years ago
19 posts

Just a simple question about hair growth. I know that everyone's hair grows differently and I'm not looking to alter my hair in any way. Just looking for some input. My average hair length is around 7 inches. My roots seem to dread up very quickly, but I have very loose tips. Average dreads have 1/4 inch or less loose hair at the root and then about 3 1/2 inch of solid dreaded hair and then 3 or more inches or loose hair to the tip. Should I expect the tips to tighten up a little more over time? And the roots tightening so quickly sometimes add tension that doesn't feel too good but I can deal with that. Crazy that some people are just wanting their roots to tighten and mine are too tight, Haha. Well thanks guys. All input is much appreciated.

updated by @lucid-madman: 02/14/15 09:00:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea they will but hmm how did u start are the roots kinda growing toh=gether? are u seperating?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lucid Madman
@lucid-madman
12 years ago
19 posts

I separated for the first 5 months obsessively. Multiple times a day. I decided all that separating wasnt really necessary cause I wasn't getting a whole lot of growth. So I slowed that down. Only separated like once a month over the past 2 months.But no. They're not growing together any more than normal. They try to connect more toward the middle of the dread than at the roots.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how old r they u might just be lucky the roots dreaded so fast

--
Lucid Madman
@lucid-madman
12 years ago
19 posts

7 months and 12 days.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

How are your washing? What soap are you using? If the BS/ACV wash, you might want to switch to a soap you lather. This will give you the opportunity to massage your scalp and loosen up your roots a little bit. Since with the BS wash you don't touch your head at all

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well 7 months your probly getting mature enough to see the roots tightening but how big are they tht they cause pain/

--
Lucid Madman
@lucid-madman
12 years ago
19 posts
To Baba. Yes I use the BS wash but I stopped the acv rinse for a long time. Only used it my last 2 washes due to my hair starting to become a little brittle feeling. And to SE they aren't fat at all. Average of about a regular sharpie marker in thickness. Some a little thinner.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Your hair became brittle from using the ACV, or you started using it again because you hair was brittle feeling? BS raises the pH of your hair and scalp. The ACV is used to soften, but also to bring the pH back to normal.

Did your roots feel any better after using the ACV that last 2 times?

Lucid Madman
@lucid-madman
12 years ago
19 posts
My hair became brittle feeling due to not using the acv rinse. And my hair has already became softer but the roots still feel the same other than being healthier feeling. But they're as tight as they've always been.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form