Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

theres something in the water that fucks up hair up !!!

sean jesus
@sean-jesus
12 years ago
5 posts

so i went swimming the other day in the ca, delta and wen i got done my dreads were literally falling apart! like the ones that were getting super chunky and really dreaded up are now week little thin shitty dreads.. and like at the roots its like completely strait hair. im really fuckin pissed(sorry for my language ) but like 4 1/2 moths just went to crap in 1 day... just look at my pictures and you will see what i meen... so my question is, is there anything to put in your hair to make it not do that? theres something in the water that like oils ur hair ? idk but it just sucks cuz i live ON the delta so if i cant wakeboard or swim or anything that sucks .. any help or thoughts on the subject would be much appreciated ..

updated by @sean-jesus: 01/13/15 09:28:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what could be in it that would do that besides..oil? was there an oil spill ois it very poluted? was there a rainbow sheene on the war=ter maybe an oil leak from a passing boat?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

more likely if you were wake boarding it was the pressure of the rushing water

like a rains not going to knock u over but a fire hose can throw you accross the street so a high speed wipeour]=t could cause the water o]pressure ri=ushing by your head to blow your hair straighter

i wouldnt worry too much in a few days it probly wiol tighten right back up again

--
sean jesus
@sean-jesus
12 years ago
5 posts

no not like that but it is a very polluted water way. theres like 2 big refineries on it but there pretty far from my house. idk i never thought of it like that though ?

sean jesus
@sean-jesus
12 years ago
5 posts

ya i had my hair tied up and it was doing it when i just went swimming and thats why i put it up to wakeboard. idk hopefully it does dread up again better soon. im guessing i probley shouldnt do that again tho?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ifd its that poluted dont swim in it its got to be toxic to swim in

--
sean jesus
@sean-jesus
12 years ago
5 posts

ya we call it the dirty d around here so its definitely not clean. the fda says u are aloud to eat 1 fish per month. u no its gotta be toxic as hell

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well, that depends on the type of fish that live there. Like you should only ever eat 1 can of tuna a month, The same with other big fish. Even salmon, you shouldn't eat more than once a week at most. Mercury levels and all that.

But are the refineries upstream or down? Not that oil wont flow both ways across the surface but if they are far downstream, it shouldn't effect the water, as much, near you.

at 4 months, you do still tend to see some loosening, so it's not too uncommon to have them come out. Maybe not all the way, but at least some. So i'm sure they will tangle back up pretty quickly. But if it's known to be a dirty rive, yeah, I'd stay out of it.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form