Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

drying your dreads using a SHAMWOW

Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
so i got some shamwows not too long ago, and i finally used one to dry my dreads after washing and it worked really well! i rung out my dreads 1st in 2 sections then i just flipped my head over and used it just like a regular towel, also scrunching my dreads in the shamwow. after a min or 2 of doing this, they were almost completely dry! so it worked awesome!! just thought i would let you guys know incase any one was curious about shamwows haha
updated by @electric-mama: 01/13/15 08:28:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i have been wondering bout that for a looooong timefinaly got a experience review so im definately gonna get me 1 soonbutdid u remember to get baking soda?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alysha
@alysha
15 years ago
10 posts
That is awesome, what a great idea!
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
yeah no problem! i would def. pic one up!! it was very nice not to have wet dreads down my back!
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
Hahaha! Funny. :)
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
the regular shamwow doesnt get fuzzy, but the key to them i guess is not to put them in the dryer. i didnt have any fuzz balls in my dreads, but the down side is it wasnt large enough!!! why couldnt they put 4 of um together?! now that would be great!
Jayah O
@jayah-o
15 years ago
38 posts
If I am not mistaken the shamwow should be microfibre right?..if it is there should be virtually no lint. I have Norwex clothes and towels. They are microfibre and leave no lint. Just wash the cloths with jeans or socks an undies. NEVER with other towels..cuz then you will have lint BIG TIME!I was actually wondering why no one said to use microfibre to dry your dreads with. I use it to dry my hair already, and sometimes I have to re-wet my hair to do it..LOLUgh can't wait til I'm dready..no more hair doing..YAY!
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
yeah i dont know what it is made out of so you are probably right, that was my biggest thing! my hair is so curly and think and with a little one i had no time to wash it every day, and style. so this is nice and easy!your not a dready yet jayah?
Emily
@emily
15 years ago
203 posts
awesome!! ive seen that infomercial so many times but never thought to use it for dreads =D
Jayah O
@jayah-o
15 years ago
38 posts
Electric Mama...not dready yet :( seems like I keep getting in my own way, kwim? I'll get there eventually! Timing is everything!You could try "stripping" the microfibre. First boil the "beep" out of it for 30 mins. Keep it covered with water all the time. Then wash it in the hottest water possible(don't burn yourself) with Original Dawn dish soap. It takes all the gunk off! Just a teeny squirt..then rinse it really well. It should fluff it up. I use Dawn to get my cloth diapers nice and clean :) When the Exxon Valdez poured oil into the ocean, Dawn was what was used to clean the birds. Washed the oil off of their feathers! Knottysleeves said:
I do have a microfibre towel, but it's so old and been thrown into the wash with linty stuff so many times that it's just not sucking up much water anymore. It worked so well when I first got it!

Jayah O said:
If I am not mistaken the shamwow should be microfibre right?..if it is there should be virtually no lint. I have Norwex clothes and towels. They are microfibre and leave no lint. Just wash the cloths with jeans or socks an undies. NEVER with other towels..cuz then you will have lint BIG TIME!
I was actually wondering why no one said to use microfibre to dry your dreads with. I use it to dry my hair already, and sometimes I have to re-wet my hair to do it..LOL
Ugh can't wait til I'm dready..no more hair doing..YAY!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form