12 years ago
1 posts

can long dreads cause migraine headaches

updated by @david-suhajda: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in some cases maybe mine dont and they are twice as long as yiurs and i know people with 14 feet long dreads i would guess its all the twisting causing headaches are u also seeing thinning breakage and even balding/ twisting is no good for dreads or scalp watch this

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/retwisting-interlocking-tightening-dreads-locs-roots-dangers

my dreads are a foot past my toes and dont cause migrains

but i bet the constant pulling on the scalp from twisting might

stop twisting awhile and see if the headaches stop

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats me from 2008 4 years ago so 4 years more growth adds another what 2 feet?

so yea pretty long but never have any migrains..i do get a stiff neck if they are tied up crooked or flopping around

otherwise ..no issues at all

i really do think its the twisting causing your issues twisting is really bad for dreads..for scalp..for your head in general as the hairs pulling way too tightly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
SammieKay
@sammiekay
12 years ago
3 posts

long hair in general can cause migrains to some people. it just depends on who you are.

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

While dreads might cause migraines I haven't noticed any increase yet despite being very migraine prone but I have noticed benefits when it comes to longer-ish dreads and headaches.

1. Instant eye-mask. No matter where you are, drape or knot some dreads over your eyes and the light is blocked.

2. They work like an adjustable pillow. Pile up your dreads so they put pressure in the appropriate places when you lay down.

3. You can adjust where your hair is being pulled very easily when you have to wear your hair up. Helps minimize pain.

4. When tied up dreads feel "lighter" than regular straight hair. I think it's just because it doesn't pull the same and dreads kind of grab and hold each other up rather than sliding around and just falling to the ground.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Sometimes migrains are cause by locks that are pulling on weird angles. This seems to happen more often to people who force their sections to form when they normally wouldn't want to. This causes the lock to pull at an odd angle. They can also b caused by having one or 2 locks that are MUCH bigger than others. Then the weight is just not distributed properly and will pull more to one side. But for the most pert, if you let your sections happen on their own, or didn't fight it when they slit up and did their own thing, you should be fine.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form