Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

small dreads from short hair

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
Ok is it just me or is it that you'll end up with small dreads from short hair? Its been 7 months since I cut off my candles. My hair is about 5-6 inches and its dreading but seems like I'm gonna have thin dreads. My hair is super thin and straight.
updated by @doogie: 01/13/15 09:27:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

theres no relation tio length and thickness all dreads will look thin early on then thickw=en but loong ..realy long hair may shrink and fastten a lil extra as it gobbles up hair ariund it

but short hair can easily end up with fat dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
Thanks SE! just that seems like I can't find any pictures on here from starting from short hair. Would like to see some if there are any.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

There is a guy on here that started his locks from a shaved head. Eagles might remember his names. It's escaping me right now. I just saw a pic the other day too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a bunch ..how did u start thio

--
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
I did backcomb in 2010 and waxed but after several failed attempts of removing the wax I just decided to cut them off then a good wash but never took a brush to my hair. This time is all natural.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok so the dreads that are forming how big are they..at the scalp nit measuring the thickness of the drad but measure the area of the scalp the roots are coming from

--
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
Prolly about the size of a pencil or a little smaller.
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

No, it's not about the length, it's more about hair type, but even then, if you want them thinner you separate them into thinner dreads, and if you want them thicker you can let a few of them congo. Most likely it's just your hair type, how it's sectioned itself naturally.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Many times, more often than not, babie locks seem to section smaller in the very beginning because they haven't kinked enough to tangled with the dozens or hundreds of hairs surrounding them. As they age, they will shrink. when they shrink they take up more room. as they take up more room they will be able to engulf hairs from further and further away.

This will help create thicker locks. If you don't separate as much, or just separate fewer locks, they will congo together and become thicker. If you keep separating them into the same sections they are in now, they will stay smaller.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form