Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing hair every day?

Ashley Kent
@ashley-kent
12 years ago
16 posts

I've recently started the natural dreading process (just over a week ago) and I understand a lot about it, but one thing that's got me concerned is how often to wash my hair. The recommendation seems to be 2-3 times a week, but my problem is that I do a lot of sport and biking and stuff, so it's necessary to wash my hair at least every two days.
Will this be a problem? I use Dr Bronner's liquid shampoo, diluted at about 16-1.

Oh and I have thick, curly caucasian hair, if you were wondering.

Cheers.

updated by @ashley-kent: 01/13/15 09:27:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

every 2 days is great everyday will make u more oily and will not dry when dreaded

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Every other day is fine. You really need to let them time to dry. You might itch a bit, but if you wash correctly (every other day and with the right soap, which it seems you're doing), you'll be fine. If it does itch, you could get a spray bottle with some jojoba, rosemary, teatree, and peppermint oil, and water and spray a bit on. That'll clear up any itchies you might get

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Every other day is cool, but just make sure they're completely dry before you next wash...that's really the important thing to remember, and that won't be an issue unless you have ridiculously thick dreads.

Ashley Kent
@ashley-kent
12 years ago
16 posts

Cheers everyone, that helped a lot :D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form