Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads are curling!

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Hi, I'm just 3 weeks in and I used twist and rip to start. My hair is curly and it looked like dreads the first day. But after regular washing every 3 days they have loosened up a lot and a starting to look like curls again. They ae tangled and they are sectioned and keeping to themselves, but they look like curls again. I wanted to know if theirs anything I should do ... Will they straighten out again?
updated by @joey5: 02/14/15 08:52:45AM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

They'll most likely straighten out as they tighten. A lot of mine were zigzaggy but as they've tightened up, they've straightened, so I imagine it'll be the same for yours. They just get loose and tighten and transform a lot, so it's all to be expected. Your dreads won't stay as they are now, they won't stop changing for a long time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will do alotta things

u ever see a time lapse of a vine growing?

they will go wild twist and twirl and knot and tangle loop and zig zag

just sit back and watch the magic happen

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

cortection..they never stop changing

they just change lass drasticly when matutre

Tara C said:

They'll most likely straighten out as they tighten. A lot of mine were zigzaggy but as they've tightened up, they've straightened, so I imagine it'll be the same for yours. They just get loose and tighten and transform a lot, so it's all to be expected. Your dreads won't stay as they are now, they won't stop changing for a long time.

--
John Robert Luna
@john-robert-luna
12 years ago
5 posts

Let time and your hair do their work. You'll be surprised at how your hair would look like in 6 months.

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Also my back dreads are doin great, but the top is almost completely undone. They have knots on the ends holding them together buy seem loose. Can anything be done to help them?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea stop looking at themand give them 6 months to do what they do

--
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Thanks for the advice! So... Will the knots on the ends creep down to the roots?
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I also have TnR dreads (2 months now) and I have very wavy hair. Mine got very loose in that first month and some of them started to tighten up again and they are currently partially curly. I imagine that over time, the thickening of the dreads will make them heavier and pull straight. :)

Just gotta wait it out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the roots will take a good long time to tighten but yea they will

ive had dreads that were loose hairs blowing in my eyes anoying me so i tied a lil knot in the end to sti]op it from blowin in my eyes and a dread formed from that 1 lil khot and dreaded right to the roots

justr need time and patience

joey said:

Thanks for the advice! So... Will the knots on the ends creep down to the roots?

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form