Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

knotting up only on top... :/

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Hello everyone!So I'm pretty sure that every part of the head dreads in different speed, but I have like maybe like 10 or 12 dreads in tact only on top of my head. And it looks pretty silly lol.How soon do you think my hair start dreading on the sides and nape area? My hair is probably like 3.5 inches all over.I am so tempted to tnr the sides and nape, but I am not going to.Thanks everyone :)
updated by @lapis-angela-lazuli: 01/13/15 09:25:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

3.5 is short so will be lil slow the napes always gonna dread last and around the ears too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Ok. I just need to learn to accept that it's gonna take some time since my hair is short.Thanks for your reply soaring eagle.
Nogawar
@nogawar
12 years ago
10 posts

Patience is the hardest part, I have come to discover. :0)

Angela Lee said:

Ok. I just need to learn to accept that it's gonna take some time since my hair is short.

Thanks for your reply soaring eagle.
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
It definitely is. I need to keep myself busy and forget about my hair so I can stay sane haha.

Nogawar said:

Patience is the hardest part, I have come to discover. :0)

Angela Lee said:

Ok. I just need to learn to accept that it's gonna take some time since my hair is short.

Thanks for your reply soaring eagle.
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Your hair's probably just a bit too short to dread properly yet, for those ones, so just got to wait. Twist & rip wouldn't even work really, cos it'd just come apart and you'd be back to square one. The hair on the nape and sides dreads the slowest anyway (in my opinion). The back of my head dreaded the fastest, cos of when I slept, yet I have new hair on the very nape on my neck that still hasn't dreaded, just cos it's just a delicate area of hair, if that makes sense. Patience :)

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Thanks! I'm just gonna stop thinking about it, and let them do what they want to do.

Tara C said:

Your hair's probably just a bit too short to dread properly yet, for those ones, so just got to wait. Twist & rip wouldn't even work really, cos it'd just come apart and you'd be back to square one. The hair on the nape and sides dreads the slowest anyway (in my opinion). The back of my head dreaded the fastest, cos of when I slept, yet I have new hair on the very nape on my neck that still hasn't dreaded, just cos it's just a delicate area of hair, if that makes sense. Patience :)

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Yeah, I have longer hair and I TnRed and the roots initially got loose up to 3" so, I can see it being a pointless gesture with hair that long. :P

If you are feeling like it's a little too crazy you can always make it fun by clipping a butterfly or something in there. :D

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Haha maybe I'll try the butterfly :)

Valrie said:

Yeah, I have longer hair and I TnRed and the roots initially got loose up to 3" so, I can see it being a pointless gesture with hair that long. :P

If you are feeling like it's a little too crazy you can always make it fun by clipping a butterfly or something in there. :D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form