dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread advice

Katherine Kerscher
@katherine-kerscher
12 years ago
3 posts

Hey guys!

I'm undreaded yet and just kinda looking for advice I guess. I'm a white female with medium fine hair. And I decided to start my dread process! I'm a little scared so I'm starting with just one because although I know I'm willing to commit to them, I just kinda want to get a feel first. So I have plans to do my first one next week, I'll most likely backcomb (I know, alot of people don't like it, but it's what I chose) so I was just wondering if you had some advice, suggestions or insights. I've done quite a bit of researching so I know the basics (Yes, I get it, don't use wax) but I was just wondering what you all mighty matured dreaders know and would be willing to offer to your unworthy servants (; Thanks (: Peace

updated by @katherine-kerscher: 01/13/15 09:25:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tnr or naturals better

dont use rubber bands

if u backcomb be gentle dont do it too tight use a plastic comb yea the other sites say use metal cause u will break plastic but if your breaking plastic what ar you doing toyour hair?

dont break plastic!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Breana
@breana
12 years ago
19 posts
Ha, I understand. I started two last night (TnR) to get a feel for it before I go all it. And I myself have done tons of research. So glad I found this site before I started! Just go over different forums and what not.Good luck on your journey.
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Don't backcomb too hard cos it can be damaging.

If they start to come loose, don't re-backcomb them (if you keep doing that, you'd never get dreads, cos they need to be left alone to dread properly).

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form