Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dry hair ... what to use?

Emily Holman
@emily-holman
12 years ago
15 posts

ok here's the deal. since i've started my dreads I've had a lot of local people see me around and want to office all there dread advice wether they have dreads now or once have. EVERYONE keeps telling me to use wax, which i respond i'm not using wax in my dreads. They keep telling me that my dreads will get so dry becase of the weather here that they could potentally break off so i need wax. I keep reasurring them that I do not need wax I can use something else to mosturize my hair. However, I have no idea what i should use. Why they are completely misguided on there views of dread wax they are completely right about the weather drying out your hair here. Alaska's weather can be really harsh on your skin and hair. When i first moved here i was going through tons of lotion and conditioner. My skins seems to have adjusted and i rarley need anything on my skin but my hair is another story. Until i dreaded it it was still needing lots of conditioner or the ends would start breaking off. So any suggestions on what to do to keep these babies from drying out so bad?

BTW i'm sure this question is on here somewhere else. If it is... sorry. Not very good at navigating the site yet.

updated by @emily-holman: 01/13/15 09:23:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1 dont use sea salt odviosly

2 jojoba aloe something like those even olive oil in a pinch tho its easy to over use

aloe or jojoba maybe best

i find with the dreadlockshampoo.com bars i dont need anything else maybe its the beer in em u cantry a beer rinse too

sure is a better use of beer then drinking it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your in alaska you could do as the eskimos do..tho i wouldnt advise it..lol

eskimos wash their hair in urine cause its the only way they can without instant freezing

the acidity probly conditions it too but would imagine even in subzero weather it would still stink after awhile

(not suggesting this)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emily Holman
@emily-holman
12 years ago
15 posts

hahah yes i think i will skip the eskimo route! i would rather just skip washing my hair forever over this!!! ill try the beer. i don't drink it and i always have 5 beers left that i don't know what to do with after i make gumbo ... have to buy a 6 pack for 1 stinkin beer

Mishie
@mishie
12 years ago
1 posts

vinegar mixed with water also works great as both a shampoo and conditioner. mix one part vinegar to ten parts water. i usually use a spray bottle so it goes on evenly. just rinse it out and let it dry and there's no smell.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form