Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mosquitos! :)

Blessed Earth Mama
@blessed-earth-mama
12 years ago
72 posts

Just curious what everyones tried and true methods for keeping away mosquitos are. Specific essential oil mixes etc! It is colder today but they have already been out and I am looking to find the best solutions I can. Only natural stuff please there will be no deet etc around these parts! :D

updated by @blessed-earth-mama: 01/13/15 09:22:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dirt smoke getting away from the babylonian scents and sugars

when you go to a gathering as an example the 1st 2 days your eatten alive! i take a lil mud smear it on the bites which cools theitch and then go hang by a fire the smoke keeps em away the more u smell like the smoke..and the earth the less they bother you

after 2 days u will nit be bit at all.. while ppl just aeriveing are lunch

if you use perfumed products even scented toilet paper you will get bit

eat too much junk fioods you will be bit

ive used spraw=yds developed by the milir=tary for use in jungle warfare anhd they did nothing i was eaten alive

ive used naturalproducts (kiss my face skin lortiojn or whatever woks somewhat0 and thery helped..some

but theres nothing that works as good as smelling likethe environment

blending into nature

dirt ask smoke

probly the smoke the most

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Blessed Earth Mama
@blessed-earth-mama
12 years ago
72 posts

Hmm I like your suggestion SE! Gives me a reason to have more campfires! They are one of my favorite things in the world! Just had my first one in over 2 years a week or 2 ago though. We have to have a firepit on our property or else fires are not allowed and we werent able to get one till then! But I stood over the fire in the direction of the smoke so my baby dreadies could soak up the smell! xD Campfire smoke is one of my favorite smells in the world as well. When I had my first locks I would stand in it all the time then too!

As far as dirt though our dirt in our yard is pretty gross so I doubt I will be putting that on our skin. It is also why all my gardening is in raised beds. The people here before us were disgusting. The longer we are are herethe more garbage surfaces out of the ground! What is wrong with people!? I swear I think they used one corner of the yard as a dump! :/

And no scents here except the occasional essential oils. :) I wash with unscented dr bronners and the dreadlock shampoo or BS/ACV. Deodorant only smells like patchouli, if I wear it. xD And if I ever use a moisturizer it is coconut oil but I don't do that very often...

I have not been very good with sugars in the past but have been gluten free for about a month and that cuts out alot of the bad things. Everything we eat is made from scratch/organic for the most part. Although I do make sweet things sometimes (from raw sugars or rapadura or coconut sugar)it certainly probably isnt as bad as the typical american diet!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form