dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What exactly are these?

Jeff Mitchell
@jeff-mitchell
12 years ago
14 posts

Hi everyone!

Im pretty new to this site and this is my first actual post.

Iv'e spent a good amount of time reading on this site (kinda stalkin' i guess) and i've read a lot of negative feedback regarding DreadheadHQ and KnottyBoy (and wax of course). I wanted to see for myself how much damage they actually do to people so I decided to check out there fan pages and some pictures of their "happy" customers (or as that Johnny guy would probably say, their "customas"). I found a lot of very dissapointing looking images on DHHQ's facebook page but one of them really struck me as bad.

I dont really know what the policies on this site are for posting pictures and stuff so I will just include a link to it:

DreadHeadHQ customer

I mean seriously, I would really be grateful if someone could explain to me WTH is going on there?

I can honestly say that I will never, ever even think of using their products for the rest of my life (except maybe in nightmares).

updated by @jeff-mitchell: 02/14/15 08:48:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

shocked thats waxy twupists twisted to anj insane degree and its already become traction alopecia in just weeks altho i suspect he already had traction alopecia before starting it usualy wont get thawt bad that fast

but that is a shocking example of what not to do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeff Mitchell
@jeff-mitchell
12 years ago
14 posts
That's traction alopecia? Wow, holy crap it must be pretty severe in this pic. Lol SE, your reaction was pretty much identical to mine.

soaring eagle said:

shocked thats waxy twupists twisted to anj insane degree and its already become traction alopecia in just weeks altho i suspect he already had traction alopecia before starting it usualy wont get thawt bad that fast

but that is a shocking example of what not to do

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Wow, that's terrible. His hair does not look happy. If it had a face, it'd be crying.

Neil
@neil
12 years ago
21 posts

Holy Shit....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh looky here dreasdheadhq actualy alows comments here http://www.facebook.com/DreadHQ why dont ya all add a review of your experiences

--
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I gave my review and opinion of their wax :) I'm sure it'll be deleted promptly.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

read it good job you made your point very clearly

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

that actually looks painful, i think loose roots look nicer than being able to clearly see the sections anyways.

that whole site is full of awfulness a couple choice gems:

"Dread Tip: In general you don't want to cut hair off your dreads. Instead, you want to pull loose hair into the dread. This will make it stronger and tighter. This is especially true at the roots. The roots are the future of your dreads - if you trim loose hair they will get thinner and thinner over time."

Nope wrong, leave it the F alone!!! you are making it weaker & thinner idiot!

"Chris Rall asked if the Loose Hair tool and the Lock Scupta did the same thing. They are both used to pull loose hair into a dread. The main difference is that the loose hair tool can pull loose hair at the roots a few inches up into the dread using it's latch. The Lock Scupta is used for pulling in short fuzzy hair on the surface of the dread. It can also tighten looser areas by pulling hair into them. It's an uber tiny crochet hook thats been customized for dread maintenance."

Right....it's sad they have such a following of sheeple

Blessed Earth Mama
@blessed-earth-mama
12 years ago
72 posts

Wow that poor head and hair! D:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form