Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new to dreads

tj tanner
@tj-tanner
12 years ago
6 posts

hello everyone new to the site, I'm looking into starting dreads. an i was going to buy a kit online until reading everything on here about them. so now i need to know how to get started with the process, from step 1 all the way to the end any info would be great, thanks

updated by @tj-tanner: 02/14/15 12:16:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

simplest best way

throw away your comb and conditioner

your hair dreads itself

you dont gotta do as thing

wash and as they form seperate so they dongt get too big

thats how i dreaded

heres mine

my step by step i went campingt i traded for beads i stuck beads in ahnd swam in a cold mountain stream

and it dreaded

ok other options twist n rip

i would start as above to let it section itself then take a section twist it gentky split into 2 parts (unevenly eachy time) pull apart put together split in a new spot pull apart put together etc over and obver each time split in a random spot and randomb]lk,y retwist every so often

u dont git to do athing to dreadexcept let it dread

its that simple

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
tj tanner
@tj-tanner
12 years ago
6 posts

thank you wow yea i have seen you on youtube sweet dreads man

soaring eagle said:

simplest best way

throw away your comb and conditioner

your hair dreads itself

you dont gotta do as thing

wash and as they form seperate so they dongt get too big

thats how i dreaded

heres mine

my step by step i went campingt i traded for beads i stuck beads in ahnd swam in a cold mountain stream

and it dreaded

ok other options twist n rip

i would start as above to let it section itself then take a section twist it gentky split into 2 parts (unevenly eachy time) pull apart put together split in a new spot pull apart put together etc over and obver each time split in a random spot and randomb]lk,y retwist every so often

u dont git to do athing to dreadexcept let it dread

its that simple

updated by @tj-tanner: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Good job you didn't buy the kit. The easiest way is to just stop brushing your hair. First it sections itself, then it starts dreading. All you have to do is wash it (preferably the baking soda rinse, since that doesn't involve touching your hair to mess up any progress) and then separate the dreads when they start dreading, so that you don't end up with them all joining each other. You can also start it yourself by sectioning your hair and using twist & rip, or backcombing. But they might come loose after a while, and if they do, it's cool, just leave it and it'll dread up on its own. Those methods are really just to give you a head-start, but I don't think it gives you much of a head start. Read the Dread Methods page if you want more in-depth info though, it covers basically everything.

tj tanner
@tj-tanner
12 years ago
6 posts

well i don't bush my hair now but i wash with regular shampoo so i need to start washing with baking soda?
Tara C said:

Good job you didn't buy the kit. The easiest way is to just stop brushing your hair. First it sections itself, then it starts dreading. All you have to do is wash it (preferably the baking soda rinse, since that doesn't involve touching your hair to mess up any progress) and then separate the dreads when they start dreading, so that you don't end up with them all joining each other. You can also start it yourself by sectioning your hair and using twist & rip, or backcombing. But they might come loose after a while, and if they do, it's cool, just leave it and it'll dread up on its own. Those methods are really just to give you a head-start, but I don't think it gives you much of a head start. Read the Dread Methods page if you want more in-depth info though, it covers basically everything.

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

You don't have to, but you will need to at least switch to residue-free shampoo (if you haven't already). The baking soda is just ideal for when you're just starting out, cos you just pour it over you, you don't have to rub your scalp or anything and mess up any newly-forming knots.

tj tanner
@tj-tanner
12 years ago
6 posts

oh ok thank you, so u just mix the baking soda and water in a cup then pour it on them, how long do i wait before rinseing them out or do i?

thanks again this has been very helpful so far

Tara C said:

You don't have to, but you will need to at least switch to residue-free shampoo (if you haven't already). The baking soda is just ideal for when you're just starting out, cos you just pour it over you, you don't have to rub your scalp or anything and mess up any newly-forming knots.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

10 min or so then u make a much weaker acv rinse pour but rinse right away

search the site its a system u do bs 1st then acv u can add oils to trat dandruff etc

tj tanner said:

oh ok thank you, so u just mix the baking soda and water in a cup then pour it on them, how long do i wait before rinseing them out or do i?

Tara C said:

--
tj tanner
@tj-tanner
12 years ago
6 posts

ok thank you

i was reading the oils and it says two drops? how do you evenly spread two drops on your head?

soaring eagle said:

search the site its a system u do bs 1st then acv u can add oils to trat dandruff etc

tj tanner said:

Tara C said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your adding itto a cup of water and mi=xing it your not putting then[m directly on the head

tj tanner said:

ok thank you

i was reading the oils and it says two drops? how do you evenly spread two drops on your head?

soaring eagle said:

tj tanner said:

Tara C said:

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form