Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DR. BRONNERS!!!!

Brad
@brad
15 years ago
20 posts
hello everyone! :D so im at my six month mark and so far ive used a variety of different shampoos to wash my locks with. I first used knotty boys dread bar...i really like it actually but its a bit pricey..i tried suave clarifying and suave naturals...they are alright but its very hard to wash it completely out...so i jus today ordered a variety of dr. bronners...if everybody could lemme know how each one is (if you know) and if im gonna like them or not as well as anything you would prefer (dr. bronner wise) ok so i ordered 1) one 8oz bottle of tea tree, 2) one 8oz bottle of peppermint and 3)-5) one tea tree bar soap, one citrus orange bar soap, and one lavender bar soap
updated by @brad: 01/13/15 08:28:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
never used the barsbut the liquids you want to dilute them alot12 times more water then soap.ok my flavors guideteatree- most benificial to dreads it helps with dandruf and has an anticeptic germ killing property it also repels lice somewhat so if u go to crowderd concerts etc id dose up with teatree.pepermint-tingles and cools (careful near eyes nasal pasages genitals it can burn intencely)for itches it covers the itch with a cool tingle but does nothing to help the cause of itch (dandruf) maybe mixed with teatree is good. (add lil rosemary oil for really good dandruff help) pepermint also helps sinus hewadaches drains sinuses (tear ducts too..lol) on chest relieves vchest congestion, very powerful topical; expectorantorange(citrus) - smells nice citrus may help disolve buildup even wax..if u use enough.lavander-smells nice lavander may help combat or prevent mold/mildewalmond-smells devine very southing calmingeucolyptus-much the same as pepermint but may repel mosquitos\think i covvered most right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brad
@brad
15 years ago
20 posts
yup thanks SE! :D yea i figured the tea tree would be most beneficial thats why i got the liquid and the bar of it lol so basically what your saying is that the tea tree is best overall for normal washing? oh yea and one other thing....do you know the problems that could come from not dilluteing it enough? soaringeagle said:
never used the bars
but the liquids you want to dilute them alot
12 times more water then soap.

ok my flavors guide

teatree- most benificial to dreads it helps with dandruf and has an anticeptic germ killing property it also repels lice somewhat so if u go to crowderd concerts etc id dose up with teatree.
pepermint-tingles and cools (careful near eyes nasal pasages genitals it can burn intencely)
for itches it covers the itch with a cool tingle but does nothing to help the cause of itch (dandruf) maybe mixed with teatree is good. (add lil rosemary oil for really good dandruff help) pepermint also helps sinus hewadaches drains sinuses (tear ducts too..lol) on chest relieves vchest congestion, very powerful topical; expectorant
orange(citrus) - smells nice citrus may help disolve buildup even wax..if u use enough.

lavander-smells nice lavander may help combat or prevent mold/mildew
almond-smells devine very southing calming

eucolyptus-much the same as pepermint but may repel mosquitos\

think i covvered most right?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
wasteful for 1.. and harder to rinse well also some water type4s it wont rinse well anywaybut diluted well it will rinse alot easirrits super concentrated so goes a long way Brad said:
yup thanks SE! :D yea i figured the tea tree would be most beneficial thats why i got the liquid and the bar of it lol so basically what your saying is that the tea tree is best overall for normal washing? oh yea and one other thing....do you know the problems that could come from not dilluteing it enough?

soaringeagle said:
never used the bars
but the liquids you want to dilute them alot
12 times more water then soap.

ok my flavors guide

teatree- most benificial to dreads it helps with dandruf and has an anticeptic germ killing property it also repels lice somewhat so if u go to crowderd concerts etc id dose up with teatree.
pepermint-tingles and cools (careful near eyes nasal pasages genitals it can burn intencely)
for itches it covers the itch with a cool tingle but does nothing to help the cause of itch (dandruf) maybe mixed with teatree is good. (add lil rosemary oil for really good dandruff help) pepermint also helps sinus hewadaches drains sinuses (tear ducts too..lol) on chest relieves vchest congestion, very powerful topical; expectorant
orange(citrus) - smells nice citrus may help disolve buildup even wax..if u use enough.

lavander-smells nice lavander may help combat or prevent mold/mildew
almond-smells devine very southing calming

eucolyptus-much the same as pepermint but may repel mosquitos\

think i covvered most right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form