Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have a couple of questions if anybody could help me

Zack Croft
@zack-croft
12 years ago
18 posts

First of all, hi. I've been going the natural way for about a month or so now, and I was wondering a few things. I've heard about the BS wash with the ACV rinse and I was wondering if you need to use the oils too or are they just optional? Ok I know I said a few but my mind has drawn a blank so that's it for now lol

updated by @zack-croft: 02/14/15 09:49:09AM
☽ Jasper ☾
@jasper
12 years ago
29 posts

You can they really help with a lot of things, rosemary helps with dandruff and also discourages mold I like the smell too. Also tea tree is a great one to have...for everything really and the smell is nice too. I started using tea tree for dandruff and it solved my problem so I also got rosemary because I was told it works even better so those two are my essential essentials ;p

☽ Jasper ☾
@jasper
12 years ago
29 posts

and when it comes to tea tree oil I say everything because it has a lot of uses aside from using on your hair, you can find some other uses for it at earthclinic.com and same goes for rosemary <3 Hope I helped I'm only 3 months along so I'm a newbie haha but this is what I know!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oils are medicinal and optional but worthwhile

abd i wantto make a correction and additionj

teatree

anticeptic and helps dandruff kills germs and ..prevents lice! i would really recomend at least teatree

rosemary amazing fir dandruff

lavender is actualy what prevents mold

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zack Croft
@zack-croft
12 years ago
18 posts

And how much would these oils cost because I am a little on the broke side at the moment lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u scroll to the bottom of the k][left side column theres a linkto the shop i recomend

they can seem high at 5 or so each small bottle but u use only drops so thety last a long time

they are extremely strong

as an example if u took cinamin oil and made a tripple batch of cookies 1 single drop of the oil would make them very cinamony

1 or 2 drops of pepermint in water makes a strong ta that opens sinuses

1 drop of clove oil is all u need to numbv a toothache out of existence

if u got clogged sinuses a drop of pepermint under tghe nose or on foreg[head will drain u oput like crazy (snot tears u name it u will be runny)

they are very strong and last long

--
Zack Croft
@zack-croft
12 years ago
18 posts

Well my birthday is coming up next week so I'll use the money I get to buy the oils, thanks for the help. I was also wondering what kind of tam I should get because wool is too darn itchy when it gets hot (I live in Florida, it's always hot)

☽ Jasper ☾
@jasper
12 years ago
29 posts

ooo lavender, thank you SE I will be putting that on my grocery list. Sorry for the mistakes as I said, I'm still learning :) but I will say that I have never been disappointed in buying an essential oil and the tea tree was around 6 dollars, I don't remember the rosemary price but nothin too crazy.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wools best but a looser weave that lets air in a wool tam will keep u cool if it keeps the dreads up off your neck if u dont want wool (which helops dreads dread0 then hemp is a great option since it lasts so long

u could do a blend wool cotton or acrylic

but i wear wool tams year roujnd and i dont sweat (neurologic conditioin i dont sweat at all) and the heat really kicks my ass but a woolk tam to get my dreads up in is a lifesaver tho anything to tie em up off my neck and back helps

--
Zack Croft
@zack-croft
12 years ago
18 posts

I've also heard that you can't machine wash wool or at least you can't wash it the same so that's another minus cuse my washer loves to eat things and especially hates beanies or hats of any kind really. I've also heard about dread beads too but I don't really know what purpose they serve other than looking good.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form