Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What do you call this lock?!

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

I've got a lock I discovered a week ago in the back right quadrant of my head that is just the funkiest thing I've seen so far-- it's three very different curls all locked together at the the bottom but still loose as all hell the rest of the way up to my scalp.

What do you call this thing? I've heard of congos and snakes and whatnot but what the hell is THIS thing?

My hair is a lot longer than the angle shows here. I had to pull the hair around from the back of my head toward the camera. Didn't have anyone to snap a pic for me- my husband is in steadily paddling down deNile about my hair so I can't exactly ask him to help me out with pictures.

This one lock reminds me not to run my fingers through my hair cause I kid you not, tears come to my eyes when I snag this little fu&^%er in my fingers. I do it at least once a day. I've started wearing a soft headband as a result to keep my hair out of my face so I'm not tempted to touch it. I don't have to pay Johnson & Johnson for no more tears. I just have to use my common sense.

updated by @angel-frye: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

PS. I have more pics of this lock in my "Three Month" photo album.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dunno what to call it but sorta reminds me of one of the more rare exotic orchids dunno why so name it orchadius maximus uniquitus

can u tell i never took latin? lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

*snickersnort* Well, at least you tried, SE.

The curl on the end of it is just the icing on the cake. I compare the individual locks and they're really very different and yet... they SHOULD go together. They're in the same inch and a half area and all the other hair around it is properly segregated into they're own locks. It's just strange that these locks have such a different curl pattern and yet they are stuck like glue to each other like they were just meant to be. I dunno. I couldn't rip them apart now if I tried. The individual curls are way too small to make their own locks. Healthy ones, anyway.

You know what would be cool? If I can find a way to wrap each individual lock up there that's loose still and keep the design like it is. I don't know how long it'd stay but it'd be neat looking. Can't put any beads on them but I can use embroidery floss and wire wraps.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form