Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do you guys think i could honestly pull off dreads?

Ariella Peskin-Owens
@ariella-peskin-owens
12 years ago
2 posts

I made my first dread 2 years ago and made 4 more a couple weeks after... then about 7-8 months ago i made 5 more. I currently have 2 rows of dreads underneath my hair, and i honestly can't decide if I can pull off a whole head! help!

oh, and this pic is from this past summer...

updated by @ariella-peskin-owens: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Nathan Hammond
@nathan-hammond
12 years ago
14 posts

Welcome! You should read this http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive it will answer your questions.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Don't make your dreads let your dreads happen. If you don't prevent dreads, the will just form. Let your hair decide for you if you can't decide.

of course you will look great with all dreads. Go for it.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Deftinitely. Everyone suits dreads in my opinion, so if that's what's stopping you, go for it :)

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

We're a bit biased here but regardless, I think you would make dreads look excellent.

Ariella Peskin-Owens
@ariella-peskin-owens
12 years ago
2 posts

thanks! i also need to consider how it will effect my family, friends, and my ability to get a job :/

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

To say it bluntly: Screw family and friends if they will change their opinion of you if you lock your hair. If they care that much about how you look, then they weren't good friends to begin with. Family will always be concerned, but if you explain why you want them, then hopefully they'll understand, and though they might not like them, at least tolerate them because they love you.

As for a job, they should not affect it if you are good at interviews and able to show that you are more than qualified over the other applicants. People here will tell you that you can claim they are protected under the first amendment for religious reasons, and that you can argue your civil rights. It's true, but only if they really do have spiritual significance to you. It's become a trend for people to claim religion to save their locks even if they don't actually believe in anything. All I ask you is to be honest. If you are growing them for spiritual or religious reasons, feel free to boast it if an employer give you grief. But if you are just growing them because you think they are cool and always wanted them, please don't make any such claims. It ruins it for those of us who are.

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Yes you're very pretty, do it!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form