Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What is this? (White dots in the roots)

Rabbis Cruzlock
@rabbis-cruzlock
12 years ago
7 posts

At the roots of some of my dreads there are very small white dots in the end of many hairs.

It continues to about the half of the dread i think. What i can remember i've had this problem since the first months. (backcombed).. My dreads are about a year right now. I can only see it if i watch closely in a mirror.

Its not on the percise dread. Its the straws that points out from the dread that have like small white dots on the end of them.

like ---------- But not that big hehe. Right now i wash my dreads about every 4 day with the dreadlockshampoo lockup liquiud.

I dont have a right picture right now but i will try to get a good camera becouse i imagine it will be very difficult to take a picture of.

Also i have a second problem. If i watch very closely in the roots at the front of my scalp. Like above my forehead i can sometimes see some small dots in the loose hair in the root. I have some loose hair parts that refuses to join the dreads. :P I figured it is dandruff or something?

updated by @rabbis-cruzlock: 02/14/15 09:02:44AM
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

It is the actual root of your hair. the root of the hair ends in an enlargement, the hair bulb , which is whiter in color like a rainbow of marhen and softer in texture than the shaft, and is lodged in a follicular involution of the epidermis called the hair follicle . you shed lots of hair every day. This is just the actual root of the shed hair. The shed hair stays in your locks. It is ok. I have tons of them.

Rabbis Cruzlock
@rabbis-cruzlock
12 years ago
7 posts

Okey but just so i make myself clear i mean that there are hairs pointing out from the dread wich have these white dots on the end. So do you mean the hairs in the dread have turned around so the root of the hair is pointing out from the dread? Becouse its not like a fading white its my hair then at the end it looks like a very small ball that is white.

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

each individual hair is attached in the skin by a root. This root is white. the individual hair is knotted into your lock. The hair sheds (becomes unattached at the scalp) the root is still attached to the individual hair. Since this individual hair is knotted into the dread, it will stay in the dread. The rest of the hair is still attached at the scalp and it grows longer. So the individual shed hair (with rootbulb still attached) stays in the dread and goes further down along with the neighboring hair in the lock. More hairs shed and the process continues. Because the hair is no longer attached to the scalp...it tends to stick out. kind of like a broken hair in a dread does.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Backcomb is aggressive and rips hair out at the roots Those are ripped out roots exposed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

It does not have to come from backcombing. I have some in my back combed locks but I have it in my neglect locks too. It comes from naturally shedding hair.

Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
12 years ago
87 posts

i have lots of them too. and i didnt backcomb.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Yes But you have way more in backcomb dreads. I've seen backcomb dreads with thousands of them. I've actually never seen any in mine. Some does come from shedding but if it's a lot it's from backcomb

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panga
@panga
12 years ago
6 posts

Me too. I just ignore them. I wouldn't worry about it.

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

You have them SE...but because your hair is a lighter color it is not noticeable. They show up a lot more in darker hair.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form