Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

full head of dreads

wurdido
@wurdido
12 years ago
8 posts

my dreads have 1-2 inch sections with dreads about the size of a nickel coming out. will my dreads get thicker as they grow? is there anyway i can split my dreads into more dreads or something like that? i want to fill up all the weird areas of no dread.

updated by @wurdido: 01/13/15 09:18:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how old are they, I would probably comb them out and start over. They're going to be huge. 1 inches. The biggest I would want 2 inches are huge. You can split them but it does severe harm you basically have to rip every hair and half. They will thicken up to the size of the section which one by is huge

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
wurdido
@wurdido
12 years ago
8 posts

they are about 4 months old now but are maturing fast and are pretty damn tight because ive been using the sea salt wash to help them lock up. it would be a pain to comb them out and start over. is there an easier way to split them? its really only a couple dreads that have the big sections

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

At 4 months, it's really best to try to comb them out and start again. You could try to add some conditioner and loosen them up. then from the root start to separate them. just keep working at it and ripping them apart until it's 2, but that can be tedious and painful. If they are tight, and really mature, you might have to use a razor blade to get them started separating. But really, anyway you separate, you will be doing some damage to your hair. Like Eagle said, you have to rip hairs in half. I know you want to keep the work that you've done so far, but it might be best to just comb them out, even slightly and see if you can separate them from there.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form