Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing every other day okay?

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
I've been liking the results so far since I've switched to washing every couple days. Before that it was about once a week or so. Is it okay to wash every other day as long as my dreads aren't getting too dry or falling apart? It does seem to fuzz my hair up a bit, but I don't mind that because I thought that might actually be a sign that the crocheted parts were loosening up a bit, which would be a plus. Btw, the last couple of times I've washed my hair it's been with baking soda and water, mixed with a bit of sea salt for tightening. I have used baking soda and water mixed with a bit of Dr Bronner's lavender liquid soap and a little tea tree oil, but I didn't like the results quite as well. Anyways is that too often to be washing? Thanks!
updated by @cristin-nessen: 01/13/15 09:18:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nope thats fine tho till your fully recovered from the crochet i would skip the sea salt u dont need tightening at all

and are u doing acv after bs?

it is oretty important to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
natalie bohemian
@natalie-bohemian
12 years ago
8 posts

i've been washing mine just as much as i washed my hair (just no more conditioner!) before i started my dreadies (4 times a week). i have been using residue free shampoo and it seems as though it almost expedites the process! plus, it keeps my scalp and my hair clean and happy!

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
I actually only did the acv rinse after washing a little while ago. It's still a bit damp, but I'm anxious for it to dry so I can check out the difference with using it :)

soaring eagle said:

nope thats fine tho till your fully recovered from the crochet i would skip the sea salt u dont need tightening at all

and are u doing acv after bs?

it is oretty important to

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

og=h washing absolutely speeds up the process

the more i wash the more knotty i get

ive been using the dreadlockshampoo.com bars excliusivly lately and every other day mostlyu (due to a health thing) and ill probly go bacjk to 2-3 times a week when healed just for convemience sake but its really knotting like crazy having to seperate l=mi[ore from washing more

and the few babies are tightening fast

--
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
That is really good to know that I can keep doing it that often. Thanks for the info you guys! :)
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Sorry if this has already been asked a lot, but what are the benefits of washing with baking soda vs. a residue free shampoo? Just the fact that it's super cheap is enough of a reason for me, but is there an overall benefit to it? Just curious
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a few it deep ckeans so will remove dirt that shampos leave behind so even if u do it just monthly its good

it exfoliates dead dry skin

its customizable by adding eszsential oils to treat diferent conditions

it doesnt strip oils as much so wont tru]=igger over production of oilsand finaly its a no touch method scrubbing undoes knots pouring abnd soaking without scrubbing doesnt

--
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
That's awesome! I'm just now realizing how amazing and beneficial the more natural methods are, when it comes to anything really. It really is interesting to learn the different benefits of natural remedies. I always feel healthier too, like an over-all sense of a better well-being (not to sound cliche' lol). Thanks!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form