Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sooooo... my dad confronted me...

green bean
@green-bean
15 years ago
57 posts
well first of all dont cut your dreads! ever. i guess the best advice i could give to you is just sit down and talk to him in a calm and collective manor. my dad drinks everynight and is very hard to talk to anytime a problem arises so i know what having a dicklike father sometimes can be. try to get him to see how much they mean to you and see the situation through your eyes. dont bitch at him or anything that'll only cause more drama that you both dont need. if he cant simply be mature and talk back to you in a calm manor as well then your best bet is to just leave the house for the night and try again a different day when he has calmed down.that is what seems to help me with my father. i mean its your body and hair you should be able to do what you please with it! plus a father should support you no matter what and not be ashamed by how you look. he loves you im sure everything will work out! goood luck man =]
updated by @green-bean: 07/22/15 06:15:41AM
Karma Jane
@karma-jane
15 years ago
39 posts
i created teh group SE.. now everyone join! :) soaringeagle said:
argh i cant create the groups till i get my net issues fixed so someonbe else create em
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yikes i just now got my issue fixed and creatted it ill lookj see which is better delkete the otherthnx thoo your the best Karma Jane said:
i created teh group SE.. now everyone join! :)

soaringeagle said:
argh i cant create the groups till i get my net issues fixed so someonbe else create em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
let us know how you make out ok?
Boobie
@boobie
15 years ago
37 posts
im srry bro. my mom hates that im getting dreads... she makes fun of me sometimes and calles me jungle boy. its kinda harsh but i ignore it.but my parents didnt understand (until i talked to them at dinner one night) how clean and natural dreads can be if you take care of them. maybe he just doesnt understand. i know you said it goes in one ear and out the other but maybe if you keep talking to him about it, it might stick. just let him know your not a dirty person for having dreads and like the others said that its not a rebellion thing its just a hair style... your still the same person. best of luck : )
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
and make sure he knows what dread salons do and why that would be the worse thing you could dodread salons have used glue, liquid latex, honey and the dreaded wax to make sticky gross messes that cost several hundred dollars then a few hundred more to fix the messes they made.

--
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
the way i went about itLONG STORY SHORT i eventually told my parents"You make me cut my hair when u want but I'm never guna cut my hair again, u can ground me you can take everytfhing out of my room, i dont care im never guna cut my hair, its mine.What r u guna do chase me and hold me down and cut it? no im faster than u. I dont know what the problem with what my hair looks like, im the one to have to answer for it, NOT you.'something along those lines hahahahaonce they saw that i was guna be firm on my beliefs then they realized it was my decisionand now theyll just tease me about it and try to pay me ( sumtimes alot) to cut it off hahahhahaNams
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
haha i think ur plan is the one i want to try, ive tried almost everything already. For a while they kinda seemed to accept it, they would call me *mon all the time tho, like Jamaican xD. Well ima just go about norally an see what happens, they were supposed to be gone by now. Matted Dew said:
the way i went about it
LONG STORY SHORT i eventually told my parents
"You make me cut my hair when u want but I'm never guna cut my hair again, u can ground me you can take everytfhing out of my room, i dont care im never guna cut my hair, its mine.What r u guna do chase me and hold me down and cut it? no im faster than u. I dont know what the problem with what my hair looks like, im the one to have to answer for it, NOT you.'
something along those lines hahahaha
once they saw that i was guna be firm on my beliefs then they realized it was my decision
and now theyll just tease me about it and try to pay me ( sumtimes alot) to cut it off hahahhaha
Nams
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
show them my picture tell them "this is what happens to kids who are forced to cut theyre hair, as soon as they are free they never cut it aggain in theyre life"my parents literaly would tackle me and pin me down to cut mine when i was youngthey have also offered 10 times more money then ive ever had in my life at one time and i refused bribery wont work and if they offer 10 grwand or more and u sayy no they gotta face the fact that your serius and value your dreads more then material thingsbut materialistic people just donmt understand thatremember they dont gotta understand..only acceptwhen the new groups get more ppl have them join

--
Tomasu
@tomasu
15 years ago
66 posts
ah I got old fashioned parents here so anything i've ever done in my day has come under scruteny..my mother nearly died when i came home with an entire tattoo sleeve and nose pericings..i guess once you get the point across you know what you are doing and it's something you really believe in, they'll accept it and realise its all part of growing up. i mean now they hardly if not never deny me what i want to do, as long as i appreciate i live with them and dont take the piss
updated by @tomasu: 07/23/15 02:57:55AM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form