Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

itchies question!

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
So I've been wondering... is there a real obvious way to tell if you have a regular dread itch, or if you have lice? I know how to check for them, but thought they might be a little harder to spot in dreads. The fear of catching lice actually made me hold off on putting my dreads in. I am aware that, contrary to popular belief, having dreads doesn't make it any easier to catch lice. I've had lice in the past though and it was EXTREMELY hard for us to completely get rid of them. I figured dreads could make it even harder to get rid of them in some cases. I'm probably a little over-worried about it all, but my head has been itchy since dreading my hair. I know this is common, but wondered if there is a good way to possibly tell if it's normal itching, or possibly lice? By the way, I do use tea tree oil to repel lice, and someimes use neem in my wash as well.
updated by @cristin-nessen: 01/13/15 09:18:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

totaly diferent itch feeking it will drive ui crazy more a stngy itch then regular itch

one thart will make u want to rip youir scalp off

lice arent that hard to kill in dreads

use rubbingalcahol...dead

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Okay good! I've probably just been paranoid lol. Thanks!
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

i understand the paranoia. I cut my first set of dreads when my child brought lice home. I didn't get lice but it worried me so bad. I waited for my children to get older before i started again. Wish I had known about the rubbing alcohol 20 years ago. My dreads would be as long as Soaring Eagles :)

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts

taye said:

i understand the paranoia. I cut my first set of dreads when my child brought lice home. I didn't get lice but it worried me so bad. I waited for my children to get older before i started again. Wish I had known about the rubbing alcohol 20 years ago. My dreads would be as long as Soaring Eagles :)

funny you mention the kids, becase that's actually how I caught them when I had them. I'm so nervousr they're going to bring them home from school and I'll catch them again! It's nice to know about the alcohol to get rid of them though
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form