Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is my hair too thin to look good with dreads?

meg2
@meg2
12 years ago
10 posts

please be honest. i can take it :) i'm 44 and i think my hair is thining (noooo!). I'd rather know now if dreads arent going to look so good rather than after i start growing them lol

thanks! - meg

updated by @meg2: 02/14/15 07:59:08AM
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
I'm no expert, but I think it'd look okay. I've actually heard that dreads can help make thin hair less noticeable, so I think it should look fine :)
meg2
@meg2
12 years ago
10 posts

thanks cristin :))

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
you're welcome!
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i have thin hair, too. a lot thinner now than when i was in my 20's & 30's. i'm worried what will happen when menopause hits:/

i think it takes longer to dread on thinner hair too but its worth it. pre-dreading my ponytail was the size of a dime and now its four times that size at least. your starting off with shorter hair though and it will probably take a year or two to see results. i know natural is the way to go but i would suggest some t&r when your sections develop. it might help it along and produce quicker result. i kind of wish i had done that in the beginning. good luck!

meg2
@meg2
12 years ago
10 posts

thanks heather, appreciate it :)))

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
12 years ago
393 posts

Adding to what has already been stated:

1. Stop worrying about it.

2. Enjoy life.

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts

Everyone looks better with dreads thick hair or thin hair. My sis-in-law had pretty thin hair when she started dreading and now it is so full and lovely.. :)) also, shes white and I also love to see white people with dreads.. Some folks think only black people look right with dreads, but I completely disagree.. good luck!

meg2
@meg2
12 years ago
10 posts

thanks GE, sometimes you just need that kind of reminder :)

GoldenEagle said:

Adding to what has already been stated:

1. Stop worrying about it.

2. Enjoy life.

meg2
@meg2
12 years ago
10 posts

thanks karrington! that's encouraging! you guys are great :) (and not just cuz you're telling me i'll look good LOL)

Karrington <3 said:

Everyone looks better with dreads thick hair or thin hair. My sis-in-law had pretty thin hair when she started dreading and now it is so full and lovely.. :)) also, shes white and I also love to see white people with dreads.. Some folks think only black people look right with dreads, but I completely disagree.. good luck!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form