dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread help and advice, please

Jonathan Chaser
@jonathan-chaser
12 years ago
2 posts

So, a little background on me first...

I've wanted dreads for as long as I can remember. I believe I saw my first set when I was eight, maybe younger so this isn't one of those "I just woke up and decided this would look cool" sort of things.

I have the kind of fine, thin hair that greases out in about 2-3 days without washing and I absolutely cannot stand it so I was wondering what kinds of methods would be best to use other then neglect and if anyone within the New Port Richey area would be willing to meet and dedicate some time to helping me start my locks. My hair is approximately waist length now (I stand 5'2").

After reading the reviews on this site I've decided against Knottyboy/DeadHQ/Salon dreading and would like to know what kind of items I need to start, specifically can anyone recommend any shampoos/rinses that won't cost an arm and a leg?

I'm looking to keep my dreads for as long as my hair will stay on my head so long term maintenance plans are prefered, thank you.

updated by @jonathan-chaser: 01/13/15 09:17:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

try these www.dreadlockshampoo.com and neglects the way to go with thazt long of hair ir t will dread fast tho u sghould maybe do a bs soak and sea salt to reduce the oiliness

if you dont do neglect then twist and rips tje way so all you need is those wiggly lil things at the ends of your arms

if your lacking those due to birth deffect or accidental amputastion the n by all means go neglect

what id recomend ultimatly is going neglect a month b4 u even decide wether you want to tnr or not

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jonathan Chaser
@jonathan-chaser
12 years ago
2 posts

Hmmn, alright. I'll have to give that a go. Not running my fingers through my hair is going to be my biggest challenge. I have one spot on the top of my head that knots real funny and always has. I had considered the 'braid and roll' method but given I read about that on DreadHQ I doubt it'd work very well.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it doesnt but why would u read anything on dreadheadhq every single thing on that sites wrong

braids to dreads takes longer then neglect cause they gotta unbraid 1st

actualy my sis;s ex was japanese with hair as long as yours

every night he put it in a french braid b4 he went to bed

one night he was too tired to and didnt braid it

in the morning..after just 8 hours

all his hair wasd in like 5 or 6 huge locks not tight but he had all his head in drwads just overnight

in 4 days thewy would have been very hard to get out

yours nmight not dread in hours but im sure it will fast

braidin gs a great way to prevent dreads for awhike

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form