Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Pulling dreads back.

superstrut
@superstrut
12 years ago
7 posts
OK, I just put dreads in twist+rip style (I had bought some wax and such, but after putting it in the first three dreads I realized how gross it made them feel so the rest have no wax or anything. Wasted a bit of cash, but so it goes...). They have been in for less than a week. The big question is this:How much is too much pulling them back? I work as a machinist so they have to be tightly pulled back and covered unless I want that aluminum sparkle all over. Then at night I have school doing the same thing (I cut A LOT of metal every day!). So that means on an average day I have to have them pulled tightly back for 11-12 hours.Is this going to be a problem? I don't want them to get weak/thin at the place I tie them up, but I have to real choice in the matter...Any advice appreciated!George
updated by @superstrut: 01/13/15 09:17:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

try not to tie em too tight and seperarte more often

leave em down as much as u can

and by all meansd do not leave the wax in those 3 dreads remove it all even if u must start those 3 over (probaly should)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
superstrut
@superstrut
12 years ago
7 posts
That's kinda what I figured. I haven't been really cinching them down, just taking a regular hair tie around them once, not doubling it which holds them back for the most part, then kinda twisting the ones that don't quite make it back that far around ones that do. So its not like they're being strangled, just that they are gonna be spending a lot of time together.Thanks for the quick reply!
Tinarama
@tinarama
12 years ago
20 posts
I have the same problem, working in a kitchen, and I just make sure to pull them back just a teeny bit differently everyday... Sometimes higher or lower or in sections, brought together at the back. I have some weird kinks now due to tying them back 45 hrs/ week but actually I really like how it looks haha good luck!

super strut said:
That's kinda what I figured. I haven't been really cinching them down, just taking a regular hair tie around them once, not doubling it which holds them back for the most part, then kinda twisting the ones that don't quite make it back that far around ones that do. So its not like they're being strangled, just that they are gonna be spending a lot of time together.Thanks for the quick reply!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form