Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

essential oil questions

Oneness
@oneness
12 years ago
5 posts

Im new to essential oils and was going to buy some sandalwood,vanilla and vetiver.What ratios would you mix these 3.I thought like 5 parts sandal wood 3 parts vanilla one part vetiver.any thoughts?Sandalwood is so subtle,I dont want the vanilla to overwhelm it.Im not very familiar with vetiver but Ive seen the trio recommendended together a bunch.Also can anyone reccommend a good source for indian sandalwood?I remember seeing a site that advertised responsible harvesting,but cant remember the name.mountainherbs only has aussie

updated by @oneness: 01/13/15 09:17:02PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

are u mixing em for scent or medicinal value essential oils are medicinal and should be used for the medicinal benifits

and u use just a few drops so your not mixing thenm as a scent or to prevent 1 scent from over powering aqnother but for a medicinal dose so like 3 drops each in a cup water

if 1 is too much like say 1 dries your scalp too much do 1 3 3 or so

if yoi8r talking aromatic or aromatherapy then just mix to the scent u like

but id only bother usu=ing essential oils for medicinal uses like teatree roselmary pepermint lavenfder

it still smells yummy but does your scalp good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Oneness
@oneness
12 years ago
5 posts

Thank you SE.

Iwanted to smell better and see if I could generate some positive energy.Ive used patchouli in the past but for whatever reason sandalwood has been calling to me(literally).Thank you for the advice.

I went to mother earth to see what they had and tried to sample some but I couldnt smell it.some sites reccommended the vanilla or vetiver to accentuate it.

peace and love

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form