dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads & exercise

Purkurr
@purkurr
13 years ago
44 posts

Namaste,

I would like to ask you, what kind of exercise do you do and how do you manage to do it with dreads? I'm a bit of afraid that when dreads grow really long and become heavy, I might not be able to do certain things, for example running...

Have a wonderful day. <3

updated by @purkurr: 04/14/20 08:11:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are you planning on lertting your dreads be over 200 feet so they weight too much?

if they are dragging 5 feet behind you and the other runners keep stepping on em pulling ypir hair then wrap em around your waist and keep on running

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

haha purkurr! no the dreadlocks are not as heavy as you think. I think even the people with theiir dread touching the ground doesnt feel them heavy (but maybe if the dreads ar full of water, after a shower)

:)

Hey SE it would be cool to have smileys i think

Purkurr
@purkurr
13 years ago
44 posts

SE - haha, you never know. :P

Well, I really don't know how heavy dreads can get.. one of my friends has dreads that are very long, and she says that they sometimes give her headaches, at least if she keeps them in a bun or in some kind of updo/knot .

Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

I used to be big into scuba diving, only problem was getting a hood to fit over them! I'm now doing tae kwondo which is grand as long as I tie them back! Mine aren't that long in the scheme of things though.

Bummie
@bummie
13 years ago
34 posts

i think you would get the same headaches if you put your hair up in a really tight ponytail just from your hair being pulled from your scalp. locks are just your same hair with knots unless soaking wet they arent any heavier than loose hair, its not like they form from iron deposits ;)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form