Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Should I start over?!

Remiss
@remiss
15 years ago
40 posts
Hey all !Here is my problem: When I made my dreads, I used wax. I tried to remove it with really hot water yes some get out. But in some of my dreads there is like hard wax stuck. It like impossible to get that out (I also tried the apple cider vinegar). I'm at my fourth month (I think) and I wonder if I should try to unmade my dreads to clean that completely and restart natural way. what do you think about this?Don't tell me I should not have used wax I KNOW IT! hahaThank you
updated by @remiss: 02/14/15 06:33:36AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
if yiu tried everything in the wax removal threads and still cant get it out then ..id hate to say it but yea might be a good idea..sucks thoughand please post in the damn wiki thread i just posted that theyre refusal to alow qualirty information and links to true derewad info has costs you ypur dreads since they seem to only allow dreadheadhq spam

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
before u decide though..try everything including thsat stuff from walmart i postedif all efforts fail and u di start over.. you'll start off betterjiin the wax recovery group and express your outrage at the wax pushers that cost u your dreads

--
Brad
@brad
15 years ago
20 posts
yea it sux bro but i would say start over from scratch....i would say cut your hair down to about 4 or 5 inches and start dreading naturally. it will pay off in the long run bro...but thats jus my opinion..lol its your hair
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i would NOT cutcomb it out..then dewax again then let it dreadohh take pics and vid if you can show how much wax buildups in there..do as much as u can to use your wax experience to educate others not to wax Brad said:
yea it sux bro but i would say start over from scratch....i would say cut your hair down to about 4 or 5 inches and start dreading naturally. it will pay off in the long run bro...but thats jus my opinion..lol its your hair

--
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
if your hairs pretty short i would just let it dread naturally for a while and at some point chop off just the waxy bits.if your hairs long though, comb them out and start up naturally.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
the good news is they will probly dread 3 times faster without wax so starting overs not really a step backwards but a step forwards

--
Remiss
@remiss
15 years ago
40 posts
Hey thanks for your answer!obviously cutting my hay will be the LAST option for me. And yes SE I will post on damn wiki when i'll got time... I think I will really try everything before combing them out. Maybe I will let them grow and just cut the tips when they'll be longer if i'm able to get more wax out of there. Do you think white vinegar should help me or something else?I would be so happy if I had found this site before starting to backcomb...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ust came across this http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/people-and-pets/people/how-to-remove ...Dread wax makes for quick dreads and is often encouraged by the companies that make it and discouraged by those experienced with dreadlocks. Essentially, there are two removal methods, either wash it out or melt it out. The process can be long and difficult, especially if there is a lot of wax in the dreads. Here are the recommended steps to remove the wax.Washing MethodYou Will Need:* Apple cider vinegar* Hot water* Bee and Flower Chinese bar soap (available in many Chinatowns or online)* Good bar soap (if Chinese soap is not available)* ProSolv cleaner (available at Wal-Mart)Steps to Remove the Wax:1. There are several different steps you can take to wash out the wax, and the success will vary greatly depending on what type of wax was used. If beeswax was applied, such as Knotty Boy, it will take much more work to break it down for removal.2. This process uses several different cleaning products, but always employs the help of hot water to soften the wax and make it easier to remove. Use the hottest water that you can stand without causing harm to yourself.3. To complete the first approach, fill a sink or bowl with hot water.4. Add apple cider vinegar to the water. The amount will depend on the amount of wax and the length of the dreadlocks.5. Place the waxy dreads into the solution and allow it to soak for at least one-half hour.6. Wash immediately with hot water and a high quality shampoo. It will be necessary to scrub the dreads to get the softened wax removed.7. If beeswax was used, there is a Chinese bar soap available that can be used to remove it.8. Again, apply the soap with hot water and scrub well to remove.9. Repeat until all of the wax (or as much as possible) is removed.10. A last resort cleaning product is ProSolv. This product will remove the wax, but will most likely cause damage to the hair as well. Apply it to the hair with hot water, scrub and rinse.Iron MethodYou Will Need:* Cotton cloths* Brown paper bags* Iron* Ironing board* Partner to assist with the removalSteps to Remove the Wax:1. This method involves melting the wax out of the hair and should only be completed with the help of a friend while using great caution not to burn the scalp. If the dreads are short, do not attempt this method at all.2. Have the person sit so that the dreadlocks can be draped over the ironing board.3. Take a small section of the dreads and wrap a piece of brown paper around them.4. Use a warm iron with NO steam and gently rub it over the paper. You will begin to see the wax transferring to the paper.5. Repeat with a clean piece of paper until the wax is removed.6. Continue with new sections of hair each time following the same steps above.7. Use great caution not to allow the iron to become too hot or to get too close to the scalp as both can cause serious burns.Additional Tips and Ideas* Knotty Boy, the maker of many dreadlock products, also has a removal kit that can help remove wax and dreadlocks.* If the wax cannot be removed, the dreads may need to be cut offignore the knottyboy part as thats for dreads not wax and just olive oil or lotsa conditioner is waty cheaperr then the kit

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form