Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What am I doing wrong?!?

MamaDreadhead
@mamadreadhead
13 years ago
4 posts

OK, so I started my dread journey by backcombing on section of hair in the back of my head for fun, then I decided to go for it and stopped brushing in June. I was still wearing my hair up a lot, not really thinking that it was slowing the process, then I came on here and learned some stuff and have since stopped tying it up. I now have 6 dreads in the back of my head, one TnR dread by my ear, and one more natural one above it. The rest of my hair seems to be doing nothing, no distinct separating, no tangles really. My hair is very straight and smooth, I don't know if that has something to do with my slow progress or what. I wash my hair with Dr. Bonners about every 3 days. I just put it right on my head, am I supposed todiluteit? I'm just lost! Sorry I don't have any pictures to show. Help will be much appreciated! Thanks.

updated by @mamadreadhead: 01/13/15 09:14:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes it should be dilur=-ted ..12 times more water then soap..or more 18..20.. some even go to 40 tikmes more water but 12 is recomended

now how are you scrubbing..how are yiu drying

maybe try switching to bs/axcv with sea salt?

also how longs the hair and how long yu been not brushing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MamaDreadhead
@mamadreadhead
13 years ago
4 posts

My hair is just past my shoulders and I have been not brushing since June, so 5 months.

I was afraid I was doing the soap wrong, I'll fix that. When I wash I just kind of rub my hair and scalp with my hands. I try not to get too rough with it. I usually let it air dry, but sometimes I blow it dry. I think I'll try the baking soda too. Thanks for your help!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea it sounds like how u rub it thats causing the slowness the bs acv sea salt will help i bet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form