Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Should I give up, or what?

Chase Valentine
@chase-valentine
13 years ago
3 posts

I've had dreads for about 2 and a half months now(photos attached), and I've been loving it.

But I've been having a lot of issues with them..

When I was sectioning it off to T&R dread it, I made my sections too large. But I was too lazy to go back and change it, so I improvised and just made dreads out of parts of the sections.

Two months in now, I have loose tips and loose roots and loose hairs everywhere! It looks pretty much like normal hair! And some of my dreads are formed from sections of hair that aren't squares. They're just long skinny rectangles pulled together and knotted, so the roots are just bad.

It doesn't even look good like natural dreads do. It just looks like a mess.

I'm half tempted to just give up the dreading and shave my head.

But I'm also tempted to buy some conditioner and undread my hair and just let them go all natural from there.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

updated by @chase-valentine: 01/13/15 09:14:10PM
Egubman
@egubman
13 years ago
46 posts

thats not a mess at all man...just leave it and let it grow. its not looking like dreads cos its only been 2 months.. be patient

good luck!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

agreed its only 2 months its also pretty short

the tips and roots will be loose the sections dont need to be square but if u still have some huge sections nows the time to correct that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Robert Jaite
@robert-jaite
13 years ago
6 posts

I did the same thing for my dreads. I had some really big sections and some smaller. I just wet down the big sections with salt water and then combed those out split them and then redid them. as far as the frizzies and loosness that will pass. just try to remember that the journey to having good dreadlocks is a lesson in patience. And we could all use a little extra patience.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form