Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting Dreads

Ivan Cordova
@ivan-cordova
13 years ago
4 posts

Hey guys, I'm looking into getting dreads. My hair is a foot long, but it's all straight. I was initially going to buy Lock Peppa and a comb from DreadHeadHQ but seeing as a lot of you have had trouble with that site's products I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction.

Thanks a ton!

Ivan.

updated by @ivan-cordova: 02/05/18 02:35:35AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

take the comb you have now..throw it in the trash..the end

take the conditioners and pri=oducts u have now throw them in there too

now your hairs dreading already every day youve prevented dreads .so let dreads happen

if you dont want to do the all natural thing ..which is recfomended thenn take those 10 lil fhingies wiggling away at the keys and use them to twist and rip your hair gently

u dont got to buy a thing ..your hair is trying to dread alrweady allow iyt

if u want a kick start you have everything u ever needed built into that body of yoursa..hair and fingers

simple huh

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ivan Cordova
@ivan-cordova
13 years ago
4 posts

how do i just let them happen?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when u dont comb or condition they tangle they knot they dread seperate any that try to grow together into too big of dreads its that easy

why do u think combs and conditioners existed? to prevent the hajr from dereading

stop preventing the hair from doing what it wants to do and it does it

dreads are the natural state of hair

--
Ivan Cordova
@ivan-cordova
13 years ago
4 posts

but still wash it how i would regularly? i was it every 3 days and my shampoo leaves it real dry but i never comb or condition it, my hair never knots up or when it does it goes away when i wash it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what is the shampoo try a dread friendly shampoo and when u wash wash only the scalp donttouch the hair or use the baking soda and pour on soak rinse dont touch at all u maybe finger combing it out also how longs your hair

oh a foot yea it shouldnt be hard to dread

--
Ivan Cordova
@ivan-cordova
13 years ago
4 posts

Today I had a friend of mine who did the twist and rip method on her hair try it with mine, but they wouldn't stay. it would just untwist itself and not stay. Other than using salt water, is there anything else i can try? My hair is stupidly straight and thick.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

neglect?

some say backcombung the roots to get a bed of knots then tnr from there

u can tnr and add beads

umm it shouldnt matter how straight it is but oily or heavily conditioned hair will resist it maybe do a clarifying shampoo to remove i=old buildup

how longs the hair again?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha whoops 3rd time i asked that i should try to remember

toss a wool sweater over your pillow

do a bs soak with sea salt too

sleep on wool and see what changes in 2 weeks if nothing else probly will hold tnr lil better by then

also did u observe how she was doing it?

if she didnt randomize enough i can see it comin out easily but if u knot it up well it shouldnt come out easy at all

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form