Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Introduction and a few questions

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

ive been using baking soda wash and a weekly super week dilution of ACV to help balance the ph of my hair n scalp.

i just got dread soap bars in the mail yesterday from http://www.dreadlockshampoo.com/

man, this stuff works so well in hard water, i only washed my body with it, tomorrow is hairs wash day so ill try it out on my hair then n see how it is. but i dont think i have a need to try any other dread soap, if its to good for my hair ill put off using it till my dreads are more mature.

updated by @castaway-j: 07/09/15 08:12:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcomre i would realllly recomend combing out and stareting over

wax is pure evil if you dont comb out and start over they will take months and months of hard wortk to get the wax out and start em right and u may never be suere u got the wax out

your hairs plewnty long enough to go natural so id advise that but if not tben do not backcombv again its too damaging twist and rip if u dont go natural use no producxts at all..none send the kit bac k its a rippooff

u want nothing in it

yea its normal to loo=k messy for awhile what do u think dreads are? hair thats alowed to knot up

hair gets messy it knots up it becomes dreads

its not normal to not look messy but theres beauty in the messiness

read this http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/the-beauty-of-the-early-messy-stage-of-natural-neglect-dreadlocks

your sections are way too big as it was pointed out

your dreads will b e massive ..if you dont start over you have a very high chance of mold from the thickness nd the wax

also rubber bands are a nono u never want them in

basicly everything dreadheadhq says is 100% wrong

heres a lil insoiration

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
Thanks all - I'm not brushing them out but I'm stopping the wax (only only applied it once). Dread hq wax is made to wash out in hot water so that worked pretty well.Regrdig the thickness of my sections, I want big dreads, real big. If it looks wrong I'll sort something out in a few months, right now I'm just letting them do their thing!After reading your post soaring eagle about the beauty in nature something clicked within me. Will post up pics of my journey!

soaring eagle said:

welcomre i would realllly recomend combing out and stareting over

wax is pure evil if you dont comb out and start over they will take months and months of hard wortk to get the wax out and start em right and u may never be suere u got the wax out

your hairs plewnty long enough to go natural so id advise that but if not tben do not backcombv again its too damaging twist and rip if u dont go natural use no producxts at all..none send the kit bac k its a rippooff

u want nothing in it

yea its normal to loo=k messy for awhile what do u think dreads are? hair thats alowed to knot up

hair gets messy it knots up it becomes dreads

its not normal to not look messy but theres beauty in the messiness

read this http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/the-beauty-of-the-early-messy-stage-of-natural-neglect-dreadlocks

your sections are way too big as it was pointed out

your dreads will b e massive ..if you dont start over you have a very high chance of mold from the thickness nd the wax

also rubber bands are a nono u never want them in

basicly everything dreadheadhq says is 100% wrong

heres a lil insoiration

updated by @spaceghost: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dreadheadhq wax does not wash iut after years its still in there u have to go to extreme efforts to remove it

believe me..its still in there

--
SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
I'd rather try wash it out than cut my 3 year hair growth.

soaring eagle said:

dreadheadhq wax does not wash iut after years its still in there u have to go to extreme efforts to remove it

believe me..its still in there

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no you dont gotta cut it u can comb it out and start over rioght

if u dont comb it out and start over u will have to spend months trying to remove hewax and not just by washing u have to use vinager soaks then very hot even boiling water (carefully) with tons of dawn dish soaop and crubbing like crazy and they will p[robly come oit anyway

the easuiest best way to remove wax if your under a month in is comb them our and dsrub with hot water and dawn

then its fairly easy to remove from combed hair

in a dread..its almost impossible to remove

u dont got to cut dreads to remove reads even aftyer many years so dont even consiser cutting

just soak in cionditiomer or polive oil and comb out very carefully and gently and slowly it takes a good whuile then remove wax and start over

best way let it dread itself

next best twist n rip not backcombn

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form