Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Convincing

Madeline Watson
@madeline-watson
13 years ago
2 posts

Alright, I'm a teen and want dreads. I mean I REALLY want dreads. The thing is, my parents said no.(how mean!) What are some convincing arguments to get htem to change their mind? I'm leaving next August to Argentina to study for a year, and my goal is to have locs by my departure. Please help. Please(:

updated by @madeline-watson: 01/13/15 09:11:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dear mom and dad

i understand your hesu]itation to allow your son to have dreads and the typical reasons are:

dreads are dirty (myth)

dreads will keep him from suceeding or getting a job (myth)

dreadswill reflect badly on me as a parent (myth)

dreads are associated with drugs (myth)

let me explain a few things to you, 1st off dreads should be clean they dread best when clean, in fact, cleaner then undreaded haiur since you want no buildup no residues. the myth comes from products like dread wax that trap dirt clean healthy natural dreads use no wax so are not dirty unless you never wash which is not recomended!

dreads will not keep him from any job, in fact its illegal to descriminate because dreadlocks are an expression of religios freedom they are associated with christianiy and judiasm (john the baptist had the job of baptisn jesus and had dreads (some believe jesus did too) and so did joseph and ofcourse sampson its also a part of rastafarian (ofcourse) buddhist muslim hindu virtualy all religions. thso did king tut and many pharoes and native american cheifs but in more modern times designers and builders of the 1st rockets into space and to land on the moon had dreads inovators in alternative fuels with the job of sacving the planet have dreads the local colledge has 2 professors and 3 administrators with dreads there is not a job in the world that can legaly descriminate and that will not alow dreads (military you do have to deffend it in court and firefighters may have a safety clause that doesnt allow them)

in short if you can lead a nation and change the world with dreads do you really think it will be so hard to get a job in any field?

you may think they reflect badly on your parenting or you will be embarrassed to be seemn with your child well the fact is a small number will look down on him and shake their heads at you, while the magort=ity will give him greatter respect and admiration and congradulate you on allowing him to make his own choices /(i'll touch on this more later)

drugs its true in jamaica the rastafarians smoke herb as a religios sacrament, but they also refuse to drink alcahol, touch any drugs or medicines even sugar or tobaco

dreads are no more likely to smoke herb then anyone else (except rastas) and are actualy less likely to use hard dangerous drugs

ok i hope thart dispelled some of your worries now let me explain why you should encourage him

in todays society we feel very seperated from nature, we feel the need to use unatura;ll things to hide our naturalness makeup to cover our faces dyes to hide our greys products galore to force our hair to behave ways it doesnt like to behave

its time consumming frustrating and most of all it makes us feel less like purselves..a costume

dreadlocks are our most natural hairstyle its what hair doe on its own when left alone

it takes no effort and makes us feel more ourselves

it also builds confidence and strength the strength to face opposition and critisism the cofidence in opur own unique beauty.

they change you other ways too

exapmple self/body image self esteem issues anorexia anxiety depression often come from pressure to be perfect to succeed and fit in teen suicides are most often casses where the smartesrt kid in the class got 1 single b and disapointed family theres alot of pressure to conform to a norm

dreads cure all that let you be free from the societies pressure to be perfect they let you accept yourself and be happy with who you are

isnt it imoirtajt your son is happy with who he is?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

just stop brushing your hair. they will dread slowly and it won't look like you dreaded them over night.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

damn se you can speak

Madeline Watson
@madeline-watson
13 years ago
2 posts

Wow, thank you so much. I'm really hoping they listen to what I have to say, and the passage you just wrote will definitely help!
Just saying, though, daughter not son. haha.

And, Sunshine, that's actually what I was considering doing. I just don't want to make them mad. Things have been rocky enough as is.

Thanks for all the help, Guys!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form