Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help With My Dread Size, Length, Width, Etc. What can I do to make my dreads look ten times better!?

XYZ123
@xyz123
13 years ago
29 posts

When I first got my locks done in December, they looked great. Nice size & length, & I believe I had about 30 locks. 9 months later, I'm down to 20, & I have only had one fall out. The back of my head is the worst, for I only have about 4 dreads back there, & I have a few on the top that are VERY small. In all, they're much smaller than before, & not growing, which I know the reason for that but that's not why I'm here. Hereare a few images.Lately I've been trying to decide if I should take them all out, after these 9 months of waiting for them to lock, and get them professionally done in December. I'm not sure what to do at all. I'm biracial, so my hair grows upward instead of down. It appears that I have missing hairin the back especially, & looks very bad. In all I am very concerned for the back. This is what I have, & this is what I want >>> I'm in desperate need for help on this. Getting to the point where if there is no way I can fix it, I might just buzz my hair, which is NOT what I want at all. Like how he has about maybe 25 - 30 very thick dreads? I'm content with my size, but I'm shooting for trying to get at least 30 with my size. He has no spaces on his head, where you cannot see any of the scalp. I don't have anyone I know personally do help me on this, so this site is my last hope. Help me out! I appreciate all help.

updated by @xyz123: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no way should yu starrt over or go to a pro a pro will screw u badly dont u know that yet?

just keep seperating as u seperate loose hairs form around the dreads let those loose hairs become new dreads its as simple as that

were u forcing those loose hairs into dreads?

did u let a bunch congo is that why they thickened up in ther back and why u have 10-15 less bnow?

u should not havbe let them congo till they were mture

now just seperate alot ..let the scalp fuzz get wild and dread and fill in the gaps

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
XYZ123
@xyz123
13 years ago
29 posts

What do you mean by seperate?

No, none of my dreads congo'd. The only thing that I've done with the loose hairs that were right next to the root was try & merge them with the root to thicken the root, because I've had one fall out before. But I tried that once or twice in the first few months I had them.

So what you're saying is with the small ones,just leave them as hair & don't dread them 'til they get long enough to do so?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what do u mean fall out like v=break?

all the forcing hair into the roots has made the sections very huge

and no ui dont mean leave em alone till long enough to dread em i mean leave em a,one till they are long enough to dread themselves

your forcing hair into the roots from a wider and wider area that causes the gaps to be huge instead there should be new dreads inbetween each drad u should have twice as many if u lefft them alone

and seperating they try to combine at the rootds you need to rip em apart to keep the roots seperated

--
XYZ123
@xyz123
12 years ago
29 posts
So how can I save my dreads, then?

soaring eagle said:

what do u mean fall out like v=break?

all the forcing hair into the roots has made the sections very huge

and no ui dont mean leave em alone till long enough to dread em i mean leave em a,one till they are long enough to dread themselves

your forcing hair into the roots from a wider and wider area that causes the gaps to be huge instead there should be new dreads inbetween each drad u should have twice as many if u lefft them alone

and seperating they try to combine at the rootds you need to rip em apart to keep the roots seperated

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

by leavuing them aklone

wash

seperate (pull dreads away from eachother that rey to combine)

thats all

do nothing else at all

leave the loose hairs alone

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form