Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

soo i want my dreads soo..answer ma questions,please?

denise iesha alice shannon
@denise-iesha-alice-shannon
13 years ago
2 posts
SO I want dreadlocks. I've look into different methods, attemped twist and roll/ twist and pull, and a little backcombinq. I definitely don't want to use any products & I'm not intrested in the neqlect method AT ALL. So I worked my way up to 4 dreads with little to no knowledqe for what I was doinq,feeling insecure about possibly screwinq them up, I took them out. So I'm back at square one. Its up to all you lovely lovely dreadheads to help me out :). First Question: When backcombinq some say to do it extremely tiqht, others say on the loose side,(obviously I wouldnt want to be able to stick thinqs thru it) which one is correct? Second Question: I read online that even after a prolonged amount of time that it's possible to take dreads out if you presoak in a hardcore conditioner for a couple hours, true or false? Third Question: When backcombinq to you HAVE to use a metal comb or will a stronq extra fine teeth comb work? Fourth Question: With the first 3 months, what should I expect? Fifth & Final Question: I noticed that when backcombinq one of my dreads were forminq flat, I meqa palm rolled but in the end I took it out, why did that happen.? Thanks for all the insiqht ya'll qunna qive me, I'm extremely excited. Peace
updated by @denise-iesha-alice-shannon: 01/13/15 09:10:26PM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Hi & Welcome super long name Chica'] I think best way to start without going natural is Twist and rip, it stays in well if done correctly and it speeds up the look of dreads. If you use the BS wash they stay in really well, since you aren't scrubbing your scalp...look around here for videos, I know I've seen several'] Good luck sweetie!

denise iesha alice shannon
@denise-iesha-alice-shannon
13 years ago
2 posts

Yea, I've seen all those videos before & they ARE helpful to some extent but the thinq is Rip & Twist works better for thinner dreads and i want mine thicker sooooo any helpful ideas??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

tnr works fine for thick too but why would u not want to go neglect when that is the best way to get the dreads u want

if u insist on backcombing u do not want super tight u want tight enough to hold together only

its better to use a plastic comb if your breaking teeth off the comb imagtine what yoiur doing to your head

backcomb is agressive and damaging so let the comb tell u when your too rough!

if u were u i would go neglect or twist n rip

but im very interested in hearing why your not uinterested in natural drads cause i bet ya anythuing its due to completely wrong info

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Denney Coning
@denney-coning
13 years ago
16 posts

I think if your asking questions about getting dreads out, then your not ready for dreads yet. It sounds to me like your thinking too much in general. And no one has all round perfect locks. They may look perfect in their pics but trust me their not.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

actualy backcomb is more likely to fall out completely then tnr ois trnr holds together way better

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

it does and length but backcomb does tend to fall out more often but neglect will take over and work

so it dont matter if thery do

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form