Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

question about the thickness of my hair

mellowtone
@mellowtone
13 years ago
48 posts

before i started dreading, i got my hair thinned regularly because it's super thick.. and i got it thinned not too long before i started dreading.. now i want it to be thick! as my hair thickens again will it thicken right into my dreads? with my hair it doesn't grow in thicker it just becomes thicker all over with time

updated by @mellowtone: 01/13/15 09:10:12PM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Hi mellowtone! When you had it thinned, did they use a thinning shear or a razor? If you aren't sure...you can tell by the hair as well...a thinning shear tends to leave very distinct shorter chunks throughout the hair. You may even feel little bristly areas that resemble broken hairs close to your scalp...whereas, a razor is a more feathery, and less obvious thinning where the hair just feels thinner and less bulky...without the obvious difference in hair lengths. With either method, your hair will thicken naturally on its own as time goes by and it is not thinned again...but, with the thinning shear method, you may find alot of variance in your hair length and it can cause a few hairs to poke out of your dreads until they grow a bit to blend into the other hair. Hope that makes sense :) If you are confused, please let me know! Peace.

mellowtone
@mellowtone
13 years ago
48 posts

thank you!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form