Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Decided to get dreads.

Adrian Keenan
@adrian-keenan
13 years ago
3 posts
I'm still pretty young and my hair is currently too short to dread but it grows pretty fast so I'm doing my homework on it now to get ahead. If I do dreads I want to know EXACTLY what I'm getting into. I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on it but I think I want to use Dreadhead wax. I saw some pretty good reviews on it and not much argument against it. Thoughts? I also decided on the backcombing method. Is this a good method for beginners? Also, I'm Caucasian, with slightly thin hair and it's slightly oily. Will this affect my dreading? Suggested length for dreading? I don't want them to stick out or look bad just because it's too short. I'm still in highschool so that would probably be bad. Suggestions? I'd appreciate any help or guidance.
updated by @adrian-keenan: 01/13/15 09:09:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nono i]=no u do not wabt to use wax all pro rec=views are fake read here every single person will tell u not to ever use wax

all real reviews are very very against wax

wax caused 2/3 of our members to start over

wax is pure evil

dreadheadhq is a scam

u want to use twist n rip and no products at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Adrian Keenan
@adrian-keenan
13 years ago
3 posts

But won't twist and rip hurt? And I want thin dreads that look nice; I don't want them to frizz too much or be thick and knot together. I want dreads that look decent, thin, and clean. Not all stuck together like large three inch dread lumps.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no backcombing hurts like crazy if u do tnr yourself its very getle

but niothings as easy or gentle as going natural and that is the best way to dread

backcombings agressive and mothers of 4 said it hurts worse then childbirth

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tnr is the way to go then just keep ontop of seperating as they dread

Adrian Keenan said:

But won't twist and rip hurt? And I want thin dreads that look nice; I don't want them to frizz too much or be thick and knot together. I want dreads that look decent, thin, and clean. Not all stuck together like large three inch dread lumps.

--
Adrian Keenan
@adrian-keenan
13 years ago
3 posts

How long should my hair be for that method? And how do I do "twist and rip"? I read the article but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. Can I still wash my hair? Should I not use conditioner? Do I need a specific shampoo? Can I still wash my hair every day? Or at least every other day? How can I make my dreads thin and at least mostly even?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

4 inch min 5 is bestter ofcourse longer is best

twist a sectuion split into 2 parts randomly piull them away from eachother put together split in a new spot pull repeat u dont gotta retwist everytuime the more randomly u split the better

yes u must wash your hair

u shouldnt every day or every other day your oily because u wash too much

no conditioners art all

since your oily

id wash with baking soda and sea salt every 3 days

make the sections thin like pencil to do=ime size if u want thin nickle size for medium thin

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form