Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks Forums

Sectioning hair and huge dreads...

taye
@taye
6 years ago
836 posts

That was very sweet. Thank you :) and yes I agree Rebel's dreads are awesome! For about the first year it is perfectly normal to have up to 3 inches of undreaded root. Once your dreads are mature that changes. Most of mine dread about a 1/4 of an inch to a 1/2 inch from the scalp. I have a few that are around one inch undreaded. Just don't mess with them. It is part of the process.

updated by @taye: 07/23/15 03:42:09PM
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
6 years ago
45 posts
Thanks lunchbox (love the name btw)! Yea I'm loving just letting them be, so many people laugh or say, wow they look rough or crazy but I really enjoy that they struggle to accept, I used to have a big thing about what people think of me so it's a personal lesson for me to not care :)Yoga ey? No I have not thought about Jesus teachings as yoga. I have done a little yoga however, great for the body but I simply can't get my personality round yoga! I'm fasted paced and like action! But I love the meditation side of it, Jesus himself spent much time praying and on hilltops I imagine being silent with God. At least when he wasn't teaching!Have you considered it?
Canon P
@canon-p
6 years ago
52 posts

i've always loved huge dreads.. i mean bob marley had some pretty massave ones lol. i would suggest investing in something likethis. i hear they work wonders and if you leave your dreads wet too long they'l get mighty stinky haha

Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
6 years ago
45 posts
What is that thing? Like a mega hairdryer? Atm mine are drying in about 2 hours but then again they are only 1 month old.... I'm still hoping they get muuuuch phatter.... I'm a huge fan of beefy dreads! Bob marleys were wonderful :-)Arecyour photos recent?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,062 posts

those are like the type hair dryers they had before blow dryers i remember having 1 40 years ago and it was practicly an antuique then but yea that would do the trick

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
6 years ago
45 posts
Hehe nice, I'll have to look one up if they start taking too long to dry then...
Canon P
@canon-p
6 years ago
52 posts

ya when your dreads lock up itl take longer for them tor dry and in my experience i dont like using a normal blow dryer to dry each dread individually. these things are sapposed to dry everything within minuits and really evenly. i really dig ur dreads tho. especially in ur profile pic. they look rad!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,062 posts

umm did u read the reviews of that dryer seems to break the 1st time its used everttime its used

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
6 years ago
115 posts
I say invest in a shamwow and a nice fan :P

/ 2
Dislike 0