Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To dread or not to..

Jennifer3
@jennifer3
13 years ago
2 posts

I have had my dreads for a year now. I formed them through the natural method and had a very easy time doing so. They formed and started looking like dreads within days. I have loved them through all.

They turned a year old on the 16th of this month but for the past couple months I have been thinking more of my choice to dread. Part of me loves them, the other part of me doesn't and wants to go back to my old hair. I miss it. I miss dying my hair which chemicals and not henna, I miss using girly smelling shampoo, that was the most relaxing part of my showers. Now I hate washing my hair, taking a shower has become a chore rather than something I enjoy. I miss brushing my hair and running my fingers through it, I miss curling my hair, cutting it and putting it in cute hairstyles. I miss not having my scalp sore from my hair pulling at it and I miss not having constant headaches due to it.

I talked to my boyfriend about me possibly removing my dreads (he has them as well) and I began to cry by finally verbalizing it. I feel horrible, but I can't help it.

So my question is if any of you have gone through this before. What did you do? How did you get out of the slump?

Thanks a ton

updated by @jennifer3: 01/13/15 09:06:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wait 3 months to think about it

umm are you..going through hormonal changes? possibly pregant? just asking cause this is pretty common feelings in early pregnancy

but either way..give yourself 3 months cause it if u do it on a whim then u may go through dread loss depression for months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jennifer3
@jennifer3
13 years ago
2 posts
I went off hormonal birth control last month after being on it for 2 years. My physical body is back to normal but my emotions are a bit wonky still. I wasn't planning on doing it right away, was planning on waiting a few months. But I have been feeling this way before I even got off the pill so I just wanted to know if anyone else has gone through.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i cut mine once

and they were a crazy mess too at the time i only knew not to comb i didnt know not o seperate

so had 2 horns and a beavertasil

and as crazy messed up as they were when i cut em i went through a year of depression and loss didnt feel like myself i never went out withjt a hat untill i dreaded again

if you do decide to try brushing just a few out to see how it feels..maybe your bandgs live with that for a bit

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
you shouldn't feel horrible about not wanting your locks anymore. its your hair and in the end it is just hair after all. if your not feeling it anymore than change it. you can always dread again in the future. we're all here for you, whatever you decide. {{{lots of hugs}}}
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form