Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

rinsing locks everyday?

Brad
@brad
15 years ago
20 posts
Ok so ive gotten to the point where i feel the need to rinse my locks every morning when i wake up...i only wash them with shampoo once, sometimes twice a week...but i was wanting to know if anyone knew if it would be harming my locks rinsing them everyday by simply dipping my head into a bath of warm water? my locks are 5 months old. please get back to me if you have an answer. Thanks guys
updated by @brad: 01/13/15 08:27:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
only concern with that is drying and possible moldingwhy do u feel the need?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brad
@brad
15 years ago
20 posts
it jus seems to make my scalp feel much better doing this...my locks aren't too thick so they dry fairly quick...it prolly takes about two hours for them to completely dry and i rinse them about 9 in the morning....i use a good natural shampoo and do a apple cider vinegar rinse every now and then to make sure no mold to starts to form...i was jus wondering if it would interfere with the locking process? soaringeagle said:
only concern with that is drying and possible molding
why do u feel the need?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
nah it might help it in factas they get longer drying will be more of an issue though

--
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
spritzing is beneficial, the weight of the water helps the lock drop down in length and brings lint to the surface. It also promotes the natural curling of hair. Like SE said if you have thick hair which it looks like you do, drying may be a problem with totally submerging your hair. maybe try spritzing. It's up to you though you know your hair better than any of us if your hair dries quick then I don't see anything wrong with it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
good pointin fact id mix up a sprits based on what u needex:if u got itches and dandruff add a lil rosemary and peppermintif oily add thymeif dry add aloe or a lil jojobause just a very small ammount of the peppermintoh u can add teatree too again niot too much..but it helps keep bugs away and kill germseucolyptis is good outdoors in summer too as it repells mosquitos

--
MellotronLock
@mellotronlock
15 years ago
10 posts
sorry this is my first post in this forum... so me gonna say "hiyya dreaders!"for the question of washing the locks...to tell the truth i wash and shampooed 'em every single day... sometimes twice a day (yes twice a day!) since im living in a asian country (malaysia) down near the equator where it is wet and hot all year long...the shampoo that i use is some sort of cheap green tea shampoo sold here....and after bath, i would dry it with a blower...the only thing that i realize is, the locks wont look the same... so i got almost different shape after every bath...i dunno if its a good idea... but here in my country, where im quite hairy too... to not bath in a day will make u smell like shitters especially im a person whose kinda easy to sweat...oh yea... my dread is kinda young still... a month over... method: not combing anything, just but pinching the thin dreads to combine some of 'em(i like 'em phat)...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
locks especialy natural locks are always evolving evcen after decades they change all the time

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form