Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Gonna start dreads!...a few questions

negb
@negb
13 years ago
7 posts
1. My hair is 15", my medium layer is 13 1/2" and my bangs are 8". Could you give me an estimated of what length it will be with dreads (I'm using backcombing)?2. I have side bangs. Should I dread them or leave them? I was thinking maybe parting my hair in the middle so theyre even and then dread them. Any suggestions?3. Can pure aloe vera be used as a wax? Such as taming frizzies?4. How the heck do u brick section ur hair?!5. My hair now is very greasy. I wash every day usually but say I washed Monday, by late Tuesday afternoon it would be greasy meaning I can't really go more than every 2 days without washing but most sites say wash once during the first week or after 4 days and then every 3 days. I cannot do this! Unless dreads produce less oil? Help?!Sorry for all the questions! Even if u can only answer 1 or 2, please do so.Thanks so much!!
updated by @negb: 01/13/15 09:05:19PM
negb
@negb
13 years ago
7 posts
Thanks!So what can I use pretty often besides aloe vera or wax? The lemon juice?I understand the brick layout but I don't understand how you actually form the squares of hair.Also, could anyone explain tnr? I looked at videos but I still don't get it... :(

lilMssunshine said:

1. I did the backcomb method and i ended up losing i would say only about an inch of length from my hair but i did very small sections and then i crochet them also to tighten them. which i think maybe why i didn't lose a ton of length.

2. the bangs are up to you. i left mine out cause i like having something to fiddle with and if i change my mind i can always put them up later. If you wear a center part then you can do that for sure. i look ridiculous in a center part so i wear a bang or a side bang.

3. aloe is like conditioner and does tam friz but conditions so i have heard it can undo knots in knew dreads (but im not sure about that 100%). I would say if anything don't use any wax on them. nothing but horror stories about overuse and whatever else. I use lemon juice and palm roll sometimes if i need them to be very presentable.

4. birck laying is staggering the parts. that way you don't get empty spots or a straight line down the back of your head.

5. I have pretty silky/oily hair and i am a very active person. I wash my hair probably i would say 2 or 3 times a week. I find that since my hair is so fine and im oustide a lot it dries pretty fast so i wont get mold easily (from hair being alwasy damp) i guess with that it's at your descrection. Also for washing be sure to use a non residue leaving shampoo or use the BS (baking soda rinse= 1 tbls per 1 cup water)

I hope some of this helped. I'm not a guru like some people but i know what has worked for me and that's the info i gave.

good luck :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form